Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Saving EQ Settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rogereeve, Mar 3, 2001.

1. rogereeve

rogereeve

Mar 3, 2001
    uk
    I currently work for a function band in uk, playing many different types of music. I want to know if anyone has knowledge of any gear that will save EQ settings and be able to recall them at the press of a button. The Boss EQ20 seems to have the idea but I dont want the pedal. Any ideas?
    E-mail me any replies: rogereeve@sniffout.com

2. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Dont bother. Everyone on this board goes with flat EQ. Based on everyone's reactions to the EQ settings thread, I cant understand why companies even put EQ on bass heads.

PS: I hope you all recognize that I'm kidding.

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    It's really expensive, but TC Electronics makes the 1128 Graphic EQ. It's a 28 band EQ that's fully programmable.

Check out their website at www.tcelectronic.com

Also, Trace Elliot discontinued the MP-11. You may be able to find one used, and at a tremendous price-break, however.

4. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I posted a similar question a few months ago regarding EQ curves optimized for slap and got all kinds of grief from people telling me that it's gotta come from my fingers.Sigh.Anyway,Behringer has the Ultracurve which is actually designed for PA but I don't see why it wouldn't work for a bass,and it has memory slots for storing your own settings and can be controlled via MIDI.GC (Guitar Center) sells it for $549.

5. Behringer makes a killer programmable EQ which is really not that expensive, about 1/3 of the cost of a TC electronics. It's a 31 band with graphical display which shows you a........ yeah an analog slider EQ.....

Mind you that I'm Dutch and Behringer is German. For me that's close by (=cheap), don't know about Behringer prices in the rest of the world.

www.behringer.de

6. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    Sansamp makes the PSA-1 which, to my knowledge, is totally programmable and can be controlled with a midi controller. They've also just introduced a rackmount version of the Sansamp bass driver, but I don't think it's controllable aside from on/off.

Good luck in your search.