1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Saving the Diamondback Rattlesnake in SC

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Lee H

Lee H

Nov 30, 2011
    Redding CA
    did you know that if you point a gun at a rattle snake, it will try to look down the barrel?... you don't even have to use sights. Just extend the muzzle. When it lines up to strike, pull the trigger...

2. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    did you know that after a RS dies it can still bite you!

3. Lee H

Lee H

Nov 30, 2011
    Redding CA
    not of you use a big enough gun;)

4. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    ROTFL

now that was funny!!!

5. Lee H

Lee H

Nov 30, 2011
    Redding CA
    we used to have a lot of snakes in Northern CA. I had a real problem with them when I had a home on the Sacramento river. Had one INSIDE the house one day. One Sunday I went outside, and there was a 43 inch long snake coiled up under my harley. Another tried to get in my back door, as my wife was going out... I really did not like them, then. You could not leave a boat on the dock, without checking it for snakes when you came back to it

I will still kill them on site, but I do not see as many now as I used to. We have had a huge growth on the wild turkey population. Turkeys will kill and eat baby snakes....
    so in the spirit of conserving nature, I will kill and eat a couple wilt turkeys a year:D

6. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    we had to kill 5 over the past summer. i turned off a generator one afternoon and went on about my business. 5 minutes later my friend says he just killed one lying beside the genny...

i guess the motor drowned-out the rattler, but sometimes they strike without warning! :help: i know that sound all too well.

did you know that Gopher Snakes can sound somewhat like a Rattler when they hiss? :)