saving up to buy a low end bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 90_feet, May 12, 2001.

1. 90_feet

Mar 18, 2001
    Hi listen don't thorw me off on how low end basses suck look i'm 11 and i get 10 greens a week for chores
    anyway i was thinking of buying a lowend bass do you guys(or gals) have anything suggestions?
  2. TonyS

Dec 13, 1999

Your profile says that you play a Squire Bronco. How much do you intend to spend on your next bass?
  3. 90_feet

Mar 18, 2001
    max 400 maybe 500 if i get enough money
  4. I'll sell you a 6 string Dean Edge for $350 plus shipping (I'm in California, USA) if you're interested.

Even if you're not interested in buying my bass I'd still say look at Dean and also Spector. Both of those companies have lower model 4 strings for under $400.
  5. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    90_feet: go to your closest music store and try out basses. look in to an IBanez BTB series basses (405s go for liek $500).. I've seen one at Guitar Center.. very nice. very nice B string.. and god i love those Monorail bridges.. but anywho.. MiM Fender Jazz basses are very nice (well some are horrible, u gotta try them) but yah.. MIM Fender Jazz might be nice because Fenders basically fit in any musical categories. and very easy to hot rod.. and if you find a good one.. just upgrades those pups/tuners/bridge and then your set!!!!!! Just goto your music store and try them out. One bass might be more comfy for you.. One bass might be more pleasant to your ears .. just give the basses a try and see what you like. I would personally try out the MIM Fenders and see if there are any good ones.. look for Buzzes... Fretwork(Fret leveling), Pickup Hums(Turn one PIckup ON all the way), the feel, tross rod(Neck warping, which could be seen if you put your bass on its butt and let it point up(like what you normally do) and look on side of the bass with one eye and compare the string and the neck. The string should be straight and if there are warping in the neck, you should see it bow). If you do find a MIM or whatever bass that you like... make SURE they set it up for you when you buy it.. When you do buy it, they should be able to set it up for you for free. because its been in the shop for weeks/months/years, it could'vew been abused etc.. etc.. just have them setup.. tell them how much action(string height) you want, tross rod adjustment, checking fret work. etc.. etc..

Good luck on your next bass and I hope this helped you out a bit!