1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Saw a guy die today at work....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tbrannon, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbrannon

tbrannon

Jun 11, 2006
    I genuinely saw a guy die at work today. Feeling pretty weird and guilty about the whole thing.... He was complaining of chest pains for about 2 hours, and then was complaining about a sensation down his left arm. I googled it, and sure enough, the guy is having a heart attack. He was sent to the reception (there are cushy offices with sofas) and was told to chill there for a bit.

Even though the offices are at least 100 feet from where I was working, and with machines running, I could still hear his screams of pain and him calling out for help. After half an hour or so I decided I would go and see him. As I walked towards the offices, I could hear him in some serious agony, so I ran.

When I got there, there was already a few ppl outside the office that the guy was in, so I went over to them to see what the deal was. Nobody knew what to do. We all just stood outside a room with some guy (from a depo) dying inside.

After a while we decided enough was enough. Guy had gone silent. Pretty sure he's dead now. We left it too late. Damn. We need to check him out. Nobody wants to check. Everybody argues. Everybody decided I should check. I say fine, whatever! I took a deep breath. Opened the door. Got on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur.

2. Jinro

Jinro

Oct 9, 2011
    West TN
    No one thought to call an ambulance?

3. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
  4. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    That is rough. It's difficult to imagine life before other teenagers and I went through challenging CPR, first aid and other training as part of survival School (about 150 hours of training). I was lucky to have been involved, it was an unusual opp. at such a young age.

Have to ask, do you live in a 3rd world country, or do people in the front office of your place of work-have procedures to follow if anyone on the property experiences 'possible' life threatening symptoms. This is the ER's real purpose-saving lives. Any chest pains should be viewed in adults as possible heart attack symptoms-the sooner checked, the less damage (or possibly a life saved)...

5. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    A guy was complaining of chest pains for 2 hours, and no one called an ambulance?

***?????

6. tbrannon

tbrannon

Jun 11, 2006
    Chloe_Moretz.

I guess the 80's were rough on you guys?

:bag:

7. I hope you're #@$!&*! KIDDING.

You did not just let a man die because no one could think to call an ambulance! :confused:
    You do realize that's a CRIME, right? :eyebrow:

If this is your idea of a joke, then shame on you. It's not funny in the slightest. If this is not a joke, then you need to sit down and take a look at yourself and ask yourself--when you saw someone suffering and no one else knew what do to--why didn't you take control of the situation, pick up a phone, and call for an ambulance? :mad:

I'm going to assume for the time being that this is just a sick joke done in poor taste. :meh:

P.S. I'm familiar with that song. Adding that at the end?...just stupid. I think you're the only one amused.

8. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    tbrannon is a riot!
    he's hilarious!

He's sure to be getting his own HBO special any day now.
    NOT!!!!

9. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    I think it's a lame reference to that song. I do however smell hof worthy levels of fail here...

That being said if this is a true story every person at your work is an idiot.

10. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    CoolStoryBroStiller.

11. Well, he did say he "genuinely saw a guy die at work today". So unless he's a LIAR...

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    This is the worst thread I've seen since Pollybass committed suicide.

bc

13. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    ???

14. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    tumblr_lc3839SXu71qe0eclo1_r2_500.

15. Internet Police

Internet Police

Sep 4, 2011
    I don't want to live on a planet with people that have to google symptoms of a heart attack.

16. [​IMG]

>Go to talkbass
    >see super serious looking thread
    >find out its troll thread
    >newfriends can't greentext

17. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I have no idea what anything you've typed on this thread is about.

I have the most sophisticated and amazing sense of humor ever known in the recorded history of mankind, and I do not get your joke.

The eighties were not rough on me. You wouldn't have wanted to hang out with me in the seventies, though, Jake.

18. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    tryingtoohard.tiff

19. I lol'd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.