saw a show last night

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bobaweeka, Apr 14, 2001.

1. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    I saw a group of big local bands from around the mid-Michigan area last night. Knickelshot, Drench, Watership Down, Granny Smith, Unition. It was an awesome show. My ears are still ringing. Almost got killed in a mosh pit. I can't imagine how you could survive at a Slipknot concert! Just thought I'd share that with everybody.
  2. Or, how do you survive in a Slayer pit? Ive heard stories of people dying in them.
  3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Lesse, you damaged your ears and were physically beaten and you think the show was good?

I think I found the formula for success.:D

Will C.:cool:
  4. to quote my drummer at ozzfest "I want to go in the mosh pit, but i think I want to live tomorow so i wont"
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I've heard several times that the mosh pits in the USA seem to be more aggressive than over here. It's more a fun thing over here, everybody's cool and watches out for each other.

Some years back I was at the Dynamo in Eindhoven (a huge metal festival in Holland).
    The first day had Suicidal Tendencies, Biohazard and Anthrax in a row (among others), great fun and no injuries - there were also lots of girls in the pit, no problem.
  6. what kinda people and/or pit is that??!

all the shows i've ever been to (alot), the pit was never like that. when you fall there's ATLEAST three people around you that help you up. its like we're all lookin out for eachother. but then again, i've only been to emo/punk/ska shows...

BUT THEN AGAIN, i wouldn't wanna go to a (insert whatever genre) show from what i've heard. all shows might not be like this, but that sounds pretty bad.
  7. There's a band called Watership Down??? How did they sound?

That's the name of one of my all time favorite novels.:)

Did they wear bunny suites!? ;)
  8. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Watership Down was Nerd Rock. They warmed up playing Weezer :) The rest was rap metal, with a touch of Incubus. As for the bunny suits, that was the after show party ;)