saw a wish bass today.. too.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by instigata, Feb 25, 2006.

1. instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    yea.. after seeing it. i'd never waste a time. unless i want some fancy firewood.

i was at guitar and bass center, and one of the sales guys had one as a novelty "prop" for his band. it was shaped like a shovel.

looked cool. but uh... yea, cracks usually aren't a good part of a good design :rolleyes:
  2. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Interesting how it would get used as a prop. I heard they actually dont sound that bad (well... so says Bass Player magazine).
  3. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    even if it sounded good it looks like it'd play bad. nevertheless, i still want to try one.
  4. ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Thing is bass player and even guitar mags always have reviews that always say good things about them. It's like the "review" are just a featured ad for the company. Now some things they review are worthy of good marks... but I've never seen a review from one of these magazines that flat out says, thus and such stinks and there is much better out there for the money.
  5. instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    this one had a truss installed. i got to try it.

i couldnt play the e string. cos it wasn't lying on the fretboard after the 5th fret....

also, a giant crack was present at the neck joint. and the neck wobbled in that joint..

yea, i dont recommend one.