1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Saw an odd fender this weekend, can anyone identify?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 3toes, Apr 8, 2009.

1. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    fender.
    (sorry for the crummy photo, only one I could find of the guy)

Went to a show for a buddy's band and the opener's bassist had an odd looking Fender. Had a jazz-bass body, single P-bass pickup, jazz-bass control plate but with just a volume knob. I can't remember if it was actually a separate control plate or not...

I never got a close look at the headstock, but I could have sworn it said Fender on it...

Any ideas? It was baby-blue in color if that matters.

2. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Looks like a Mark Hoppus signature, they come in a cool pallette of pastels.

3. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Ugh, nevermind... Mark Hoppus sig. Sorry, still early for me, coffee hasn't kicked in yet :)

edit: Yup, just found it, thanks tho. Sounded pretty good too, they were kind of an indie power-pop group.

4. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    they are actually pretty good basses for the most part. not the most versatile, as they're wired like the tone knob is turned all the way up, but simple and solid tone. i would like to get one, one day(alot of other basses and gear before it though, lol!)