1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Saw Arrested Development last Thursday...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Eyescream, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Excellent, really fun show. I'm glad they're still kicking around.

I forget the bassist's name, but he totally changed my mind about Warwick sound. I really, really enjoyed his playing, and I got close enough that I could watch what he was doing a little bit. Made it look like he was putting zero effort into what he was playing.

Funny: I've always heard people joke on here about how bass solos go completely ignored for the most part, and I was reminded of that last Thursday. He played a nice solo, and I turn around to look and I ended up being pretty sure I was the only person paying attention.

For what it's worth, if you're reading this, you sounded really good.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    dude's name is Za but when he was in my wife's homeroom in High School his name was Ike Williams.

I wish he was still local!!!! I'd hound him endlessly for lessons!

When I was building the summer NAMM video pages last year the Mrs's glanced at the screen and said "What are you putting Ike on the Benavente site for?!?" :confused: I was floored!

I'd buy a solo disc from him in a heart beat!

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    BTW He's buddies with Woodchuck

4. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Well, that's excellent. I never know what to say to people that have a large degree of notoriety like that, so usually I just don't say anything or don't bother trying to get in a position where I might have to. :)

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!

I called him last night, and I told him about this thread. He's actually working on his solo disc now. Divinity, Victor Wooten, myself (maybe), and others are going to be on it. BTW, I hound him for tips constantly! Even when I'm on the road, I call. Once during a Warrior clinic, Chuck Rainey said that he'd seen alot of good bassists, but only one was making MUSIC, then he pointed to Za. :cool:

6. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Cool, I'm glad you told him. Cause the more I think about it, the more I want to explore very smooth sounding lines like that. Cause those guys were solid, dude.

I really need to stop sucking.