Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SAW AVERAGE WHITE BAND LAST NIGHT

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lefty, Oct 10, 2005.

1. lefty

lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    i saw average white band last night at coach house in san juan capistrano. man they were good. and tight. i never saw a slip. the bass player traded off with the guy playing keyboard (obviously a bass player) it was pretty cool. if they come to your area check `em out.

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...no Hamish, no Ferrone? No thanks.
    ;)

AWB is one of my all-time favourite groups...saw 'em in the '70s & I guess I'll have to settle for those memories.
    (The somewhat-recent DVD that some of you 'coaxed' me into buying didn't cut it).
    ;)

3. I can groove to "Cut The Cake" all day. :D

4. I saw them a couple of years ago here in Atlanta with Klyde Jones handling the Hamish Stuart parts and was pretty knocked out. Klyde was amazing as he went from keys, bass, and guitar all night and his voice was great. They invited Brent Carter from TOP up on stage at the end of the show. I was too young to see them in their heyday, but I certainly was impressed with what I saw that night. BTW, it smoked that DVD (I have that too.).

5. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Saw AWB about 18 months ago in Red Bank at the Basie Theatre when they opened for Tower of Power. They were amazing, so much so that the crowd didn't want them to stop playing and make room for TOP :eek:

It was a great night, both bands were cookin' ........... :cool: