Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Saw Bela Fleck Last Night

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by B8ssMan89, Sep 29, 2004.

1. The show was AMAZING!!!
    Everyone was just, just..... AH! Words cannot describe it!
    Vic played an awesome show. When they went to intermission I told my dad, "chances are.... Vic is comin out with a solo"
    and boom he came out with a solo! It was just mind blowing how fast he can tap and pop, but the coolest thing was when he flung his bass around his body, not missing a beat. I was "WHOA! WHOA WHOA!!!!!!!" Bela Fleck had some awesome banjo solos.
    And thier drummer, future man I think is what they call him. Is just crazy on that... that thing he plays. He also had a huge drum solo/
    Thier windwood player (Cant remember his name :( ) was fantastic too he's a great windwood player. I am defianetly seeing them again one day!

2. Bennito

Bennito

Sep 12, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    The sax player is Jeff Coffin. He's one of the best right now. Check out his solo stuff, it's incredible.

The Flecktones are really one of the most talented, entertaining bands right now. I've seen them at least a dozen times since '98 and they're always getting better individually, and as a band.

Vic especially is one of these guys that no matter how good he is now, in 3 years time he'll be even better. He's always working on his craft. His time and feel are like no other and that's why he's one of the best.

3. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    I've seen the flecktones live as well. and I must agree that they are amazing. When I saw them vic did a looped solo during intermission. by the time he was done he had at least thirty loops going.

4. I hate to say this, 'cause I've been a Fleckie for a long time...

but I liked them better before Futch started singing.

5. Jherrera

Jherrera Guest

Sep 25, 2004
    I saw them at the last show of '03 at the Rave. From that point on they have become one of my favorite bands. Victor's solo was incredible. Bela's acoustic solo had lots of cool teases that got the crowd singing. They are so talented and they only care about the music not the money so its just awesome to see 4 great musicians and great people be on stage.

6. Futch only sand 1 song