1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Saw Conan O'Brien tonight...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ray Holt, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Conan came to my college tonight (University at Buffalo). You know I've never really watched his show much at all, but I was offered a ticket for free. I'm glad I went, he was very funny.

It's also kind of amusing that he came as part of the "Distinguished Speaker Series", he constantly made fun of that fact, like when he was jumping around on stage.

But he's really a smart guy, and of course very funny. During one of the student's questions Tom Cruise came up, how he's been in the news a lot lately, and they asked what kind of questions Conan would have for him if he could meet him. He said "I wouldn't have questions, I would sedate him, then restrain him. No more questions for Cruise at this point."

He suggested we invite Cruise next year as part of the distinguished speaker series, then all at once charge him with foam mallets. :D :D :D "He'd be back to a normal action star the next day"

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
  3. Thanks for that, that was great :)

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Cool, man. I'd love to see Conan.

bc

5. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Conan is one of the funniest people around. Even if you don't think he is funny, his writing resume alone should impress you.

6. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    That graduation speech was classic. Thank you.

7. :D

That was great.

8. I think I'll just pull the best parts of the speech for people who don't have time to read the whole thing. :D

9. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Ill be posting this same thread sooooooon.
    Hes speaking at my graduation too! Whats this... Conan's graduation tour '06?

10. Ow, my sides hurt...

Rock on
    Eric