saw DAWN OF THE DEAD last night!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by frederic b. hodshon, Mar 20, 2004.

1. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    i have to say, i was VERY IMPRESSED.

i love this genre.

saw Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead (1978) years ago.

Dawn of the Dead was a hilarious, creepout!

this remake, though, was quite effective! and, i thought extremely well done. some great film effects used over special effects that added a JARRING feel to the ending.

highly recommended to other GORE AMOREs.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  3. Cool, i hope to check that one out soon. :)
  4. will see this one tonight/tom!
  5. I would of gone with my bro...but I lent him all my money for him to go himself...and plus I had some guys over anyways. He told me it was pretty funny, but had a lame ending...what you all think that have seen it? (don't tell the ending, just whether you liked it, hated it, or if you think it was OK)
  6. tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    The original Dawn of the Dead is one of my all time faves - over the top gore (for the times) dark humor and social satire. As a matter of fact, I went on eBay lasy year and paid like $60 for an out-of-print original issue DVD. Now it's re-issued and available for $14.99. A little DOTD trivia... both George Romero and (special effects guy) Tom Savini had cameos. Romero was sitting behind the sound board in the first scene and Savini was one of the bikers.

The remake is getting great reviews. It's definitely on my must see list.

7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Please give away the storyline, plot, and gory details, especially the ending and save me $8.00.
  8. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Definately a must see.

It was just like 28 days later, only it took place in the US.

Everyone's infected with some zombifying disease except for a few people who become the main characters. They gradually get killed by the zombies or turn into zombies. (those who turn into zombies are often killed by the main characters for everyone's good) The military promises safety, but it's really a fake. The ending is unresolved for the world, but with a little hope for the future of what's left of the main characters.

Basically if you've seen 28 days later, you don't need to bother with this one.
  10. odie

odie Supporting Member

STAY FOR THE CREDITS!!! Dont leave until the credits are over!!!!
  11. Ahhh, one of those eh? Where something probally jumps out at the end :p:D
  12. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    hehe, sorry i brought it up.

13. I just hate sitting through all the damn credits...boooooorrrrring! :bawl:
  14. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Tell me, were the zombies fast in this movie, or slow and retarded like well-behaved zombies?

15. They ran full speed after vehicles. It was a good movie though but I expected more of the ending.
  16. you need to stay for the credits because they show clips from a video camera of what happens when they get into the YOU KNOW WHAt and go to the YOU KNOW WHERE. If you don't stay for the credits the ending blows, period. If you do stay it makes the ending alot better.
  17. Actually it isn't. In 28 days later they lied to contain the 'infected' but here they actually were trying to help. If you listen to the people they say the safe havens got over-run. They talk about Kenith ? (Cop)'s brother's army base town being overrun. There was just too many of them. Plus the footage of helping but that doesn't do much convincing.
  18. Was the ending at all similar to the original?
  19. What was the ending of the original ? I haven't watched it in 6 years.
  20. Lol, i havent seen it in a long time myself.

I believe the mall got stormed by zombies and the cop and lady flew off in a chopper into the sunset kinda deal.
    If i remember correctly.