1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Saw Dirty Loops last night in NYC

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MattyH, Jun 13, 2014.

1. MattyH

MattyH

Jul 20, 2010
    Long Island
    So I saw the Swedish group Dirty Loops last night in NYC. They only did two shows in America. Here, and LA. My wedding band has been following their career since the early YouTube covers they were doing and we became huge huge fans. Holy hell. Truly mind blowing. Their album doesn't hit here until August (pushed back 2 months), but since we've been following their stuff we went in still knowing all the songs. Good mix between the best off of their debut EP, and the best of their YouTube covers. If you think Jazz Fusion Pop Rock Alternative might be a cool genre(s) for you, check them out. Henrik Linder will make you want to quit bass, and Jonah Nilssons vocals mixed with Aron Mellergards drums will melt your face off. Best part was they came out after the gig (about an hour 10 minute set, no opener), and just hung out with whoever stayed around. Took pics, talked shop with myself and my whole band about our original stuff and whatever else. Bought them drinks, etc etc.

Probably the best sounding tightest live show I've seen in years. And still so freakin technical and amazing, while still being fun and catchy. Listen to them! These humble, kind, and incredibly talented guys really deserve and need the support.

Check out my Instagram for some videos and pictures!

Instagram - Matt_Raymond

2. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    Those guys are unreal! Jeez...to be that young and that good at what you do! Prop's to them!

Bob_Ross likes this.
  3. dtsamples

dtsamples Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Wilmington, DE
    I'm in love with them. Want to see them in philly on 10/28. They're musical superheroes. Sayonara Love is the pop version of Nintendo music. Henrik Linder is an android.