Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Saw II

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by darkfish01, Oct 28, 2005.

1. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    Is anyone else pumped about seeing this?

2. No. The first one sucked. Horrible acting, wasn't horror and the one plot twist at the end was neat, but thats about it. And my friend saw it today and told me to avoid it like the plague. Said it was worse than the first. It just sortof started, dug itself into a hole and sucked til the end, where I guess there was another plot twist, but it didn't redeem the movie.

I would wait til its out on video before seeing it, but even then my hopes are very very low for it.

However, if you find that it wasn't as bad as my friend said, or the 46% it has on rottentomatoes is a bit low, then by all means say so and maybe I'll change my mind and go see it. The previews for it look cool, with the gun pointing through the eyehole and the guy looking in, and the poster is neat, but I think they rushed it(since Saw came out last Halloween). Anyways, I haven't seen the movie so I shall stop babbling. But yes, enjoy the movie and have yourself one good halloween weekend.

3. mxbassman

mxbassman

Sep 7, 2005
    North Dakota
    I agree with heroincredible about the acting in the first Saw. The guy that played the doctor was especially horrible. But even with the awful acting, I still liked the first movie and i'm excited to see the 2nd one.

4. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Yeah... plus you know... Saw might beat paper... but rock would kick saw's arse! there for movie cant be scary...

5. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Completely off topic-kserg, i'm listening to Glorius Pastorius off of Bass Extremes and the cow bell hits line up for most of the rim clicks of the snare. That amuses me very much.

I have no opinion on the Saw movies-i haven't seen either of them.

6. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I've heard it is really good. I'll probably go see it tomorrow.

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I saw it. nyuck nyuck.

Honestly, it was better than the first. Still contained wooden acting, but the traps and Jigsaw were still cool, which was mainly the allure of the first one.

I'd expect Saw 3 for Halloween next year.

8. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I saw it tonight and thought it was pretty well made. The plot twist was interesting, but I expected it for some reason.

4 of 5 stars, in my opinion.

9. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    The "wooden" doctor is the man in black from The Princess Bride.

And he's good. You try acting out a situation like that, and post up some clips, and we'll talk about how he sucks by comparison.

Imagine having to take off your own foot.

:bawl:

10. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Easy killer. It's opinion based. I didn't think it was awful, but some of his lines fell flat.

One man's Citizen Kane is another's Ernest Goes To Camp.

11. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

:) my view on this is... this is "off topic" forum... every post here should not be related to the topic and if it is then forum should be renamed to "on-topic". :)

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I hear "ernest doesnt go to camp but stays home is does nothing" is so much better movie...

Speaking of scary movies... ever seen "Ernest Got a date-rape-van and a bag of candy"?

[​IMG]

I hear its a shocker

13. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I wasn't that enamoured with the first Saw. It had a lot of gore, but wasn't exceptionally well done, and it was incredibly predictable. I actually leaned over to my girlfriend about 10 minutes into the movie and said 'Its the guy on the floor". Every other "twist" was pretty obviously foreshadowed, they might as well have had a bright flashy light in one corner that said "potential plot twist, pay attention". All together I didn't think it was a waste of a film, but it certainly didn't need a sequel.

I'm not surprised that a sequel happened though, and fully expect to be ignoring a large and progressively more pathetic franchise in future years.

14. Rich600

Rich600

Nov 22, 2004
    Scotland
    I loved the first one, and I really wanna see the new one.

15. The original saw was done as an indipendant film. It was then bought by Lions gate, who mass produced it and put it into theatres. It was filmed in something like a week or two. It was never meant to be a big movie. It was very low budget. Saw II is also a low budget film, adn it was shot in about twice the time of saw 1, but still, no longer than a month for shooting, a few months for editing. They also didnt have the script for saw 2 whetn they put out saw one. It just so happened that they came across a script that felt like a saw movie. They just added a few traps and such and then boom, saw 2.

I have seen the original almost 20 times and it doesnt get old. I have seen the new one 3 times in theatres. I love them... For the budget and how long it took to shoot, and all other factors, it is a great movie.