saw INCUBUS last night!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mental Octopus, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    in providence and i gotta tell you it was one of the best live shows i've seen in a long time (probly since the chili peppers cali tour). they played for about 2 hours which was much longer than i expected. jose had a wild drum solo and ben and brandon had drums and chimed in with him. crazy. ben kenney holds down the bass so well in that band now its just awesome.

my only complaint: they didnt play warning or pardon me.

i highly suggest you see incubus if they come around to your neck of the woods any time soon, you wont regret it.
  2. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Saw em open for Primus a long while back. Nothin special really, but still an enjoyable show.
  3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Will see them Wednesday, looking forward to it.
  4. Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    Saw them twice in the same year, morning view tour (last one with Dirk), and then one random date that was right before that same tour.

They don't stray much outside the albums, which is kinda dissapointing to me. Sounds like they are a little freer with Ben. Which is good. I mean, if things got stangnant with Dirk, bless his heart, then it probably was a good idea for them to move on.

Heh, I remember a local journalist reviewing the concert afterwards said they "played some unreleased material after the break." If by unreleased he means released on S.C.I.E.N.C.E., then yes, unreleased. Guy didn't recognize Certain Shade of Green. Sad.
  5. I looking forward to seeing them in saint louis. They've been my favorite band for some time now and this will be my first time seeing them live. I'm probably gonna lose my voice though because I know the lyrics to nearly every incubus song ever made.
  6. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I was there, too. :hyper:

It was a great show. Period. :D I was closer to Kenney than any other member, and I really got to watch him hold it down. :bassist:

I really liked what they did with Drive. I do wish that they played Leech, and a few oldies, like Summer Romance. I won't complain, though; it still rocked. :)
  7. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    yeah man!

were you on the floor? i was and i was goin nuts for most of the show. i was on the kenney side also but i wasnt able to get towards the front :meh:
  8. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    When i saw them in Dublin i was 10 feet from the stage.Ben Kenney is an excellent bassist.
  9. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    My brother saw the same show last week or so (different stadium of course) and said the drum solo was pretty cool as well. And that it was a good show.
  10. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    i saw them when they came by here. one of the most amazing shows i have ever seen. 30 seconds to mars opened for them. i think that i was so impressed with the show is because i really didn't think that they would be NEAR as good as they were, or very much at all. it was when dirk lance was with them also, little bonus. but i really dig the new cd, and i'm definitely gonna go see them in mid-august when they are in cali :D.
  11. Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Saw 30 seconds to mars as well stephen. Twice actually, both for incubus. Decent. Crazy guitar, as recall. I may have made that up though.
  12. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    don't recall crazy guitar, for either band. but they put on a great show.
  13. Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Seems that I HAVE made it up.