Saw Nickelback

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bobaweeka, Nov 27, 2001.

1. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Yep, along with Saliva and Default. They sound great live, except for Saliva. I hated them. I've heard local bands that were better. Anyways, not a bad show besides the sleeplessness I feel right now...zzzzz.......zzzz..
  2. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    thats cool. I could have figured saliva would suck. I hate them, theyre just another papa roach-limp bizkit-korn clone... whatever :D
  3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    What songs did Nickleback play? were they as good as what they sound on their album?
  4. cordova

Oct 24, 2001
    The members of Nickelback were born in the same town as my mom..... little Hanna, Alberta..

I'm going to see them in January. They sold out the Edmonton show in less than a day, and that's around 13,000 :eek:

Can't wait
  5. bobaweeka, did you notice the abnormally large head of Saliva's singer? It's pretty freakish...

My radio station did a meet-n-greet thing with Saliva when they came through town. Pretty nice guys, but I think they're a little too into the "rock star" thing. Plus, their music isn't all that great.
  6. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    SMASH, that's pretty cool. Nickelback sound even better than they do on cd. They're a great live band. They played a lot from Silver Side Up, a bit from The State, and did a cover of Bullet in the Head. Interesting, I'll say that.
  7. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    I saw them last summer, and even though I don't really like the singles on the radio, I agree that they're good live. I could really feel the bass playing and he had very good tone. The guitarists came up with some cool stuff too, it's always nice to hear some good ole shredding. :D No Rage covers though :(
  8. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Salive sucked?! Do you just not like them or were they really unprofessional, or what? Please tell me. Their CD is really good.
  9. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Don't get me wrong, I hold absolutely nothing against them. Their CD ain't too bad, but they just didn't sound good live. The lead singer seems to be planted on the stage looking straight ahead, and didn't do anything but bang his head. The vocals were hard to hear and what I did hear didn't sound too great.They seemed nice, though. :D
  10. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Thanks for the review. That sounds very disappointing.
  11. I saw them on sept.11. With Three doors down and i must say that they really were horrible. Granted they may not have been into the show due to the events of that day and also most of the problem was in the acoustics of the place. I was sitting in the grandstands at a fair and you couldnt even tell there was a singer or a bassist all you heard was drums and guitar. Three doors down sounded awesome though so i am guessing it was just a matter of the way they were mixed. Also they had to perform earlier then they were soupposed to because seventh channel was stuck in traffic due to the plane going down in western pa
  12. Awe man, I like them and Saliva. I would like to see them when they come to Dallas.