1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Saw NIN Tonight

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JimB52, Aug 29, 2008.

1. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    They put on a very good show. Sound and lighting was excellent. Non stop music for 2 1/2 hrs, 5 or 6 song encore.
    Trent talked about growing up in PA, and made some observations on how his audience has changed over the years.
    The bass player used a Jag most of the time, as well as a Precision, a Jazz and a T-Bird on a few songs.

2. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
  3. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Old school NIN fan here, but I didn't know they were touring. I don't pay attention to anything these days.

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I saw them open for janes addiction many years ago. There was only Pretty Hate Machine out at this time. Trent was very theatrical, but all and all they put on a great show.

5. I saw NIN when Halo 21 came out and it was a damn good show. The light show was insane.. Did they have that big gate they lower down in front of the stage for the light show?

6. JimB52

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Yes, two or three screens that went up and down for equipment changes. I got some pictures I'll try to upload later.
    Hey Greg C thanks for the info.

7. Dangle

Dangle

May 28, 2008
    That must have been amazing. I've only seen them once. they came with Perfect circle probably 5 years ago. That show ruled. i used to be huge into NIN.

Their ep Broken is one of my favorite cd's of all time.

8. I missed them when they came to Saint Louis, though I found out a few days later that apparently they're coming to my college in Columbia!

9. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Looking forward to the pics. And no problem, Jim. Justin's done great work with Beck and others, and seems like a very cool guy. If you poke around his forum, he gives some insight into what he's using on this tour.

10. JimB52

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Here's a couple my son took showing the screens.

Attached Files:

11. JimB52

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    One more.

Attached Files: