Saw Oteil and Victor last night!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by birminghambass, May 17, 2003.

1. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    Saw Oteil and the Peacemakers and the Flecktones at Birmingham City Stages last night. HOLY CRAP! It was inspirational to say the least. I had seen them before on video but in the flesh they were even more impressive. During Oteil's set Vic came out and they did a song together. A few suprises and letdowns: Oteil only played 2 solos, no Sinister Minister from the Flecks, and something was wrong with Vic's fretless. He started to play it but no sound?! The tech came out but couldn't get it working so he played his fretted. By far the biggest suprise was the size of the crowd for the Flecktones. There were SO many people there. Overall it was an awesome experience. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go practice my double-thumb tecnique.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah...every time I've seen vic I always get so pumped to go home and play. even at the wee hours of the night(after one show, I got home at 1 AM)
  3. I love the Peacemakers....their guitarist is just as awesome as Oteil!!

Fleckies draw good crowds these days...seems like it happened overnight too. After they toured with Dave Matthews??:meh:
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Last flecktones show I saw, there was a good 5 maybe 600 people.