Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Saw Red Hot Chilli Peppers last nigth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by CaracasBass, Oct 7, 2002.

1. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I´ve been a RHCP fan for almost 10 years and this is the first time I see them live in Caracas, because they are on a South America Tour. Well lets get down to business:

John Frusciante: Good guitar player, good feeling, so why he always have to make noise instead of playing solos???, I´m the kind of guy who likes to hear improvisation, like he always does, but that´s ridiculous.......

Chad Smith: A hell of a drummer!!!!!!!!!!!, very solid and with a lot of feel and groove.......

Anthony Keidis(sp?): You all know his is not known as a good live singer, I mean, I´ve seen a lot of their live videos and heard a lot of their live material and he usually sings out of tone, BUT, last nigth he sang fine, even Californication, he sang better than in Woodstok ´99.....

FLEA: what can I say????????? The bass player, period.
    Thanx to his rigth-in-the-pocket-with-solos-and-impovisation-included playing (and Chad´s drumming) the band is what it is.
    He also said some funny things in Español.:D

Well, it was a good show, too many songs from "By the Way" to my taste, but I enjoy it a lot and seeing Flea playing live is priceless.

2. I missed that one..

They were here in Guadalajara two weeks ago but II didn't go because the cheapest tickets were a bit too expensive: 200 mexican pesos (like 20 us$)

But last saturday I wnet to MExico uty and saw RUsh....
    :cool: don't you know if they're going to Venezuela?

3. Hey, I know a girl that was at that show. :cool:

She's an exchange student in Venezuela.

4. I'm seeing the Chili Peppers when they come to Sydney in late November, and very much looking forward to it. Unfortunately I was too young to get into their earlier albums :( but I've gone through and listened to some of that stuff, so yeah....hey Caracas, just a question, what was their stage show like? And another, did they play Around the World?

5. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Luis:
    The ticket cost me around $26, it´s ok bexcause I paid like $40 for Metallica in 1999. About Rush coming to Venezuela, only in my dreams!!!!!!:rolleyes: :D

Camel:
    Their stage show was simple, the band doing what they do the best, play very hard and with a lot of carisma(sp?). They had on the back 4 huge white balls where they proyected some videos and images. Yes they played Around the World.