Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Saw some weird strings today

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bman, Dec 9, 2000.

1. bman

bman

Dec 4, 2000
    Sandown, N.H., USA
    I went to Daddy's Junky Music to pick up some strings, and I was walking around looking at some basses. There was this pretty nice looking Ibanez five string hanging in the corner (natural wood color, went for about $1,300.) I took a closer look, and it had blue strings. Looked pretty cool, actually.
    Anyway, I ask the guy behind the counter (who bears a striking resemblance to Chris Elliot, by the way) and he said a lot of people were asking about them, but they couldn't get any sets in stock.
    Are these new? What do you know about them?
    (Just curious. They looked pretty wild.)

2. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
  3. I've seen Ibanez's with strings that alternating blue and silver wraps. Neat looking strings, didn't like the bass.

4. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    I would have to say i don't like ibanezs too. Maybe you should go down and buy the strings and while you're at it, buy me a musicman stingray bass.

5. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Those blue strings are Ibanez's own.I played a used A Std P which the store had put them on just to see what they sounded like.They sounded great!I was gonna get a set for my P but they were sold out.Alot of players did what i did and grabbed em.Soon as they're back in stock ill get some and give a more in depth review.

6. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    aren't those the strings from the Ibanez BTB series? Those weird curly strings :D

DM

7. oo0o00o0oo

oo0o00o0oo

Apr 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Yep BTBs are strung with semi-blue strings

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Very cool strings.

And to all of the Ibanez bashers in this thread, next time you're in a music store, pick up an Ibanez BTB1005 for just a few minutes.

You will be very surprised. Great B string, very nice bass.