Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Saw Soulive Friday!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Oct 16, 2005.

1. I went to see Soulive Friday in Bloomington, and it was incredible. I know, I know, they don't have a bass player!!!! Let me just tell you that I'm not sure they could find a bass player that could keep up with Neal Evans' left hand. It rivals Stevie's left hand. Incredible show. If you ever get a chance to see them, do yourself a favor and go!

2. they played the Atlanta Jazz Fest the same year I played; we watched their show and it was great.

3. DblG

DblG

Apr 27, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I seen Neal when he played w/ Moon Boot Lover in a small bar in town. When I got there and seen that there was no bass player, I was understandably dissappointed. :rollno: But after the show, well I didn't leave there dissappointed. Great player with a great feel.

gg

4. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Neil deserves a bass player award, he writes such great lines, and seems like its effortless to play them while soloing with his other hand.

One of my favorite bands of all time. BTW, pick up their new album Breakout if you havent, its awesome. Has a lot of guest vocalists on it such as Ivan Nevile, Reggie Watts, and Corey Glover (which is my fav song on the record).

5. I agree!!! I also love the song "Take It Easy" with Ivan Neville. This is by far the best band without a bass player. Neal's left hand is amazing. I was blown away the whole night!!!!! Get the new album!!!! Oh, yeah, you forgot one of the guest vocalists -- Chaka Kahn!!!

6. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    I'll hopefully be seeing them in the near furture when they come out to boston. Great band.