1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Saw this 1975 Jazz today...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fhm555, Jan 26, 2012.

1. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    First off

I DO NOT OWN THIS BASS.

I was out today and had a minute so I ran by one of the music stores where I do business and they have a near mint oly white jazz bass on the used rack. It's yellowed some and has a few little blems in the paint but no gouges or indents in the wood. It's got a maple bound and blocked (white/pearl) neck and both covers. The guy said it also came with the original case. He said it was on consignment from a lady from his church. It was her (late) husband's bass and she didn't know what to do with it so they offered to help her out with it. I played it unplugged and the strings are dead, but it felt plenty smooth and the neck was good and straight. I'm sure a set of strings and a good setup and it would be ready to rock. It's real low mileage on over all wear, clean as a pin, and looked to be the real deal. I didn't see the case so make sure to ask about it if you inquire.

Asking price was 2K. Since I had no interest in buying I didn't inquire about wiggle room, but they've always had some built into anything I've got from them. They are honest and have a couple of real sharp young cats doing setup and repair so they are what I'd call a real music store.

Either way, if you are interested here's a link to the store. Get in touch with them and I'm sure they would be happy to shoot you some pics and additional info.

Guitar FX

I am in no way affiliated with this place beyond being a customer who has always had excellent service and fair deals from them. There is always so much interest in older Fenders here on TB I thought someone who might be looking for a nice older J bass might want to take a look.

If this is in any way not kosher then please kill it.

2. Mistahbenn

Mistahbenn Supporting Member

May 15, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Good bass citizen here! Bless!