Saw Tom Araya tonight.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Psycho, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Psycho

Psycho

Jun 24, 2008
    I have to say, he put on a crazy good show. He even pulled off the scream from "Angel Of Death", not to mention sounding amazing as a vocalist on the other songs. Slayer as a whole was amazing, but Tom, being my idol and inspiration made my night.

Just had to share. :p

2. Dude, got to see Slayer and Pantera in Houston years ago, and I have no reason to go to metal shows anymore.

3. pnut166

pnut166

Jun 5, 2008
    alabama
    Saw them on TV the other night. Was really surprised - they are as good now, if not better, than ever !

4. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    I've heard from guitarists that Jeff and Kerry don't care anymore. They were my first show. I was deaf for 4 days.

5. bassist502

bassist502

Aug 3, 2010
    Saw Slayer in cork in 2007 was my first concert and an amazing concert it was Tom was great!!

6. Blacke

Blacke

Nov 19, 2008
    Saw the Reign in Blood show 7 times, the most I ever saw one tour, when I was young and stupid, and never wore hearing protection...luckily, no long term hearing damage.

7. Psycho

Psycho

Jun 24, 2008
    Explain "don't care"?

If you mean like James Hetfield, and they half ass the entire show, then they didn't. Also, Dave Mustaine really kicked some ass too.

8. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    They tell me they've reAd interviews where they don't care whT they play, in key or not, sound good or not, as long as it's fast.

9. JumboJack

JumboJack

Dec 31, 2007
    Lakewood,CA.
    Link?

10. EdHunter

EdHunter

Jan 14, 2010
    Dublin
    He didn't scream for Zurich. He gestured for us to. But yhea, amazing live show and Tom was superb, it takes skill to sing and play like that at the same time.

11. TheHegemon

TheHegemon

Feb 20, 2009
    Amarillo, TX
    Slayer is awesome but they, without a doubt, shine live. They put on one of the best shows Ive ever seen and yeah, he did that scream from Angel of Death perfectly, gave me goosebumps.

12. morguedoc71

morguedoc71

May 22, 2009
    Yeah! Slaytanic Wehrmacht for life!

13. Psycho

Psycho

Jun 24, 2008
    I think I may get some hearing damage down the road.

The bass was so loud, and so deep that my whole gut hurt partway through the first song.

Like, it shook my entire torso. But it was worth it. :D

14. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    No, I didn't read the interviews myself. And this came from 3 or 4 different guitarists at different points over the last few years who didn't know each other.

15. Spraeg

Spraeg

May 13, 2010
    Chicago
    I saw them a couple of weeks ago on the same tour. Tom looked like he was enjoying himself, having fun, and was energeic and put on a great show. Kerry and Jeff looked bored and tired on stage, just kind of going through the motions of playing, and I didn't think they played that well, definitely not the best Slayer show I'e been to. Now Megadeth, on the other hand, was AMAZING. Definitely the highlight of the night.

16. Hizzoner

Hizzoner

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago area
    Interesting...megadeth was generally lame in concert back in the late 80's!..What with substance abuse, etc....Mustaine was a real peach...

Slayer always was great in concert as was Anthrax....

17. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    saw south of heaven when i was 15 great show.

18. Caught that show a couple weeks ago. It was my 9th time seeing Slayer. They've been awesome every time.

Attached Files:

19. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Man, I really need to see them again. I've only seen them once during the "Clash of the Titan's" tour (AIC opening up for Anthrax, Megadeth, and Slayer).
    That night, Slayer ruled all!!!!

20. That's still the best show I've ever seen... June of 1991 @ Red Rocks. :bassist:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021