Saw TOOL Last Night...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by SubDubMan, Aug 17, 2002.

1. SubDubMan

Apr 26, 2002
    And They Were Simply AMAZING!!!
    They Are Such A Good Band To See Live!

Looked Like Justin Was Using Ampeg Cabs.
    I Thought He Was Using Mesa Boogie For Awhile (According To "Bass Player").

Anyone Else Seen Them Live Lately??
  2. Yeah, saw them live outdoors at Ozzfest 2002 in Punchestown Racecourse.
    Thoroughly amazing. Real masters of music. I'd been standing in front of Slayer, System of a Down and many more of the world's best metal bands, waiting for Tool to come on. After System, there was a huge gap when Danny's drumkit was brought onstage. About ten minutes later, Justin appeared from Stage Left armed with his Wal and a huge grin. I was praying they'd open with Flood and so they did! Just stood in awe. Tool + 65kW sound reinforcement + beer + long hot day = wow.
    Thoroughly amazing.
  3. I cought the jul 11 show in bakersfeild . I dont really even know how to describe it .They are just amazing.With the music ,the performance , and all the visuals its just a sensory overload .If you havent seen them go . If you have go again .Its very worth it .
    I have read somewhere recently that chancellor is still using mesa bass amps but his cabs looked ampeg to me also
  4. SubDubMan

Apr 26, 2002
    yeah, i couldnt see in his rack, but he maybe still using mesa's, but he definately was using two ampeg 8x10's.
  5. Listen

May 19, 2002
    I think FreakyFender went to the same show.
  6. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Its fun huh? I too,, was puzzled by the appearence of the 8x10s when I saw them last month. I thought they looked kinda like Ampegs,, but I've heard other people say they're just older Mesa RoadReady cabs.
  7. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

WOW!, I mean WOW! I'm forty-friggin-eight and seen a lot of bands, but nothing like TOOL!, WOW! The Verizin Center in Manchester,NH is big, and the low synth notes rattled the whole place. No 65,000 watts here. It was more like 650,000 watts. Serious,heavy,heavy,serious rock! I'll se em again if I can. We were way in the back and the reverb was crazy bad. And together with my tin ears, I had a hard time sorting out the fast changes.
    BTW, I think Chancellor used two Mesa Road ready cabs (the name plate was in the middle). They were little tiny specks from where we were. I borrowed a guy's binoculars, but could still not read the amp.
  8. Dude, I went to the same show at the Verizon Center. This was my first Tool concert, but certainly not my last. They are just special I guess.
  9. I am going to a TOOL show in Edmonton right away with back stage passes and I can't wait to see that show.
  10. Devnor

Nov 13, 2001
    Dallas TX
    For the last show in Ft. Worth Tx, he was using what appeared to be a custom built cabinet. They had what appeared to be 4x10 and 2x15 in the same enclosure. There were 2 of these. Big ass cabinet, much larger than a Ampeg 8x10. I was too far to confirm what amps he had onstage.

Great show!
  11. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I saw them here in Ottawa a couple weeks ago with Tomahawk. I'm not that familiar with Tool's music, but all of a sudden I wanna be... Great show, great presence, great effects and props. An incredibly well-organized show and it gave me ideas that I'm gonna have to steal. :D

I've had "Schism" stuck in my head the last two weeks.

Looked like an Ampeg rig to me too, but I was far enough away that I could easily have been wrong.