Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

saw type o negative last night

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by neptoon, Aug 20, 2003.

1. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hee hee i was able to make it out to their seattle show last night..man, it was great! i ran into johnny kelly on the street and hung out with him for about 20 minutes. that was really cool. i got to hang out with slitzy while nevermore was playing. that guy isn't as much a freak in person as i thougth he was. i didn't get a chance to meet the other guys, but it was a great show. hooyah! anyone else see them on tour yet?

2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I saw 'em in Milwaukee on the 9th. Cool show -- I think I actually saw Peter smile! I liked the scrubs they were wearing and was disappointed in the fact that they didn't have any for sale. Lacuna Coil wasn't my thing, but they weren't as intolerable as some opening bands I've seen are. All in all, it was a good time.

3. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    I just went to see Type O at the worcester Palladium, in Mass. on July 25th. A pretty good show all in all. A little disappointed, they did'nt play much off the new cd :( Oh well, heard them do some killer old stuff though :cool:

Peter actually smiled??? :eek:
    Did'nt know he had it in him!!! :)

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i've seen peter smile a couple of times. he's a lot more normal than most people think. did anyone else see them?

5. i been wanting to see them again, sice i saw them with coalchamber

6. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I saw them on the 13th. (oooooo, creeeeepy.)

They were insanely tight, and sounded great. Lacuna Coil, OTOH, sucked. Sloppy playing, bad tone, and backing vocal tapes when there are two singers not playing instruments are all not good things.

The best part of the whole show was the sound check, with the roadies having to jump to be able to yell "Check!" into Peter's mic.

7. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

yeah, that was pretty funny :D

anyone else?

8. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Yeah, I had forgotten about that. The keyboard stuff wasn't live either and that disappointed me. If you can't do it live, don't do it at all.

Like I said, not my thing, but not as intolerable as some openers I've seen (Cattle Decapitation and Urinal Mintz come to mind).

Is it just me, or do some of those roadies think people are there to see them? Hell, the way some of the crowd reacted when Pete's picks were being thrown out after the show, people are there to see them!