Saw Velvet Revolver last night...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Well well.... it was a KICKA$$ show!!!! missed hoobastank (such a pity :rolleyes: ), but man... Scott and the guys KILLED IT. They did a few of the OLD STP tunes (think Core), and they did some GNR too!!! I forget the name but the GNR tune that had the line.. "I used to love her, but i had to kill her...." they did that one, with Slash and the other dude trading off a mad barrage at the end. it was great!! Then, right before they closed with "Slither", they played "Mr. Brownstone".... my jaw dropped.. having never seen GNR, this was a real treat. Scott is a much better singer and showman than Axl could ever hope to be. This was real Arena-Rcok stuff.. if you're into that, GO SEE THIS TOUR!!!! :bassist:

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Scott is one talented guy, i am really proud of him he got off the stuff. I hope STP gets back together. Glad to here you had a good time. :)
  3. Trist6075

Trist6075 Guest

Mar 6, 2001
    I'm going to see them tomarrow. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I cant wait. Sounds like itll be good from ur report. I'm really excited to see scott weiland cuz im a huge stp fan and gnr band this is gonna be unreal! But yea I think I'll be missing the opening act too :rolleyes:
  4. my mate hooked me and five of my mates to see these guys for FREE! when they were here.. and i would have gladly paid for it.. what an awesome show, a fantastic performance!

go see them..

5. He got off it? I thought that he was the only one that was still wired...
    Good for him... lets hope he doesnt lose his creativity
  6. I personally think VR only have one decent song, that being Sither. Their singer's voice annoys me greatly.
  7. I don't dislike his voice as much as his stage presence, put a ****ing shirt on!! Seeing that guy perform just irks me
  8. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Do you like any Stone Temple Pilots?
  9. I saw them last year. The sound system blew heavy, but the band rawked. Scott never sounded better.

Played alot off the STP and GnR back catalogs too, as well as "no more no more" by Aerosmith. Good show only ruined my mooks and spilled beer.