1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Saw Victor Bailey tonight...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Out_of_Toon, Mar 28, 2009.

1. ...and I'm thrilled :hyper: Never heard the man before, but since we don't get many serious jazz cats around these parts I thought I should go check him out. I mean, the man has to have some skills if he has an own Fender line along with Marcus Miller :cool:

This guy's a monster :D

After hearing him I'm definitely going to get myself a Hartke amp :bassist:

Loved the show, the band's awesome too (the guitarist acts like he mistakenly plug the cord into his *** instead of the guitar 'cos he kept doing a rather silly jump all night long) and I almost wet myself when he said, while introducing the drummer:

'He played with Marcus Miller, Stanley Clarke and Victor Wooten, but fortunately tonight he plays with a good bassist...'

*the crowd screams with laughter*

'...and so you thought that was a joke?'

:D

Just thought I'd share and maybe hear some of your opinions/experiences.

2. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    Vic Bailey is definately one of my faves. If you can pick up a few of his CD's (4 or 5) you will definatey be glad you did.

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I love Victor Bailey, he definitely has his own sound in this crowded world of bass monsters. Some of my favorite recent Bailey recordings is his trio work with Larry Coryell and Lenny White. The just set up one mic in a room and just go for it without overdubs. I love hearing great players just play!