Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Saw Watt last night

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BigWig Will, May 10, 2003.

1. Saw Mike Watt and the Secondmen last night in Providence.

After sitting through 2 semi-crappy bands, Watt and Co. came on. I was amazed at the lines he was playing PLUS he was singing. PHENOMENAL!!

Awesome show, and the best $10 I've spent in a while.

2. Great Player.
    I saw him years ago with Primus in Worcester MA.
    The only bummer was I only caught the last two songs. Didn't even know he was there until I walked in.

3. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I saw him a few times way back when, during the Firehose days. Got to talk to him for awhile.
    Great guy.
    He rips it up pretty good, a real fun show.

4. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Yep, great guy. Caught him down here in Mobile a year or two ago on the Jom & Terry Show tour, quite a show. The Burning Brides joined him for a tune and it was sublime! He sure can smack that thudstaff.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm hopin' to see him Wednsday.

6. I wanted to go see him in Albany last week but nobody had the time to go. :mad:

7. Hey man,

I was at the same show...dug it big time (though I always dig Watt). Wasn't too impressed with the Greenhorns, and got there too late to see Saturday Night Palsey (great name). Watt was freakin' wailing though. I swear his his drummer's head looked like it was going to explode during some of those newer songs. The man is an huge inspiration. It truely is a joy to see him work that thunder broom. They sounded much better at TT's the night before, but That probably has more to do with the sound dude than anything else.

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Awesome!

Peace
    Thor