Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

saxybill1

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by jive1, Jun 1, 2005.

1. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    It's great to start a new thread on this forum.

Saxy bought a set of J Bass pots and wiring from me. Prompt payment and easy to deal with. No problems...smoooooooooth transaction.

2. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Earlier this month, I traded my Lakland 44-02 for Bill's KSD Proto-J 70's 4.

In all fairness to him, I had jerked him around at the beginning of our transaction. I have a tendency to forget my plans, thus I delayed us a month to the point where he sent me an angry PM about trust. At the time, I knew I was being a jerk, so I agreed with him.

When we finally ended up trading last week, I was still guilty over my treatment of the sitaution, and I let my guard down. He seemed in a hurry to leave, but the alarms did not go off. Usually, people want to test the equipment to make sure it works. But he didn't seem interested, and I didn't want to trouble him by making him stay longer.

10 minutes later, when I am finally doing the checks, I take a look at the truss rod. For a second, a moment of sheer panic ensues. Bill had been doing some sloppy work on the truss rod, and it appeared to be stripped. Luckily for me, it was only the top.

In addition, I later learned that the pick-up pan may not be fully functional. I say "may not" because when I flip the knob to either the very right or left side -- no sound. Perhaps the knob simply doesn't stop in the right position, I'd have to open up the electronics to find out.

In all other respects, the bass is perfect, as far as I can tell.

I advise my fellow TB'ers to be careful with transactions with Saxybill1. If he knew about the maintenence issues, then he is nothing more than sleazy lawyer, not to be trusted under any circumstances. If he did not know about them, he is a genuine and honest man who simply doesn't pay much attention to his basses, or doesn't know much about them.

I do not know which one to think and frankly I don't care, bottom line is I'm happy with what I got.

Bottom Line on Saxybill1: Perhaps trustworthy, but be careful.