Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Say Hello to Mia!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jeff Rader, Aug 7, 2004.

1. The newest addition to the Rader household. She is an 8 weeks old Blue and Gold Macaw. She will remain at the breeder until she is weaned (around October or November). My office is 5 minutes away so I visit her often and even get to feed her occasionally (what a trip!). We look forward to bringing her home.

http://www.parrotalk.com/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=28981

She'll look like this in a few months...

2. sweet! i've always had a liking for birds! shes a wee cute ball of feathers! aww! :D

parrots are awesome fun when they are trained. you can now be an official TB pirate! woot!!! :D ;)
    :smug:

3. Wow! I am honored! ;)

4. but thats only after we see a picture of you with her on your shoulder, and an eye patch!

chopping off your leg from the knee and using a stick as a replacement is optional - extra points for blood stains.

yaaarrrrr!

:eyebrow: :D

5. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Watch your basses! Parrots LOVE wood!

Congratulations & good luck, excellent pet!

~S~

6. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    Those birds are beautiful! I did have an opportunity to see a couple of them in the wild in Costa Rica. I know you will enjoy her companionship.

Larry

7. Mia is so cute I could pee a little!!!

We used to have a Cockatoo (greater salmon-crested). He was named Hogan, he was our buddy and we miss him. :( Hogan had to go with us having our new baby boy in the house. :)

8. Don't think I haven't considered that!! There WILL be limits set! :)

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice. Ive always liked parrots.. i want to eventually own a minature parrot. I have parakeets now (biggest bird the parents will allow :<)

10. [​IMG]

That is the cutest thing I have seen in the last 5 minutes.

Mind you, my boyfriend is at my house. :D

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey she looks beautiful. Jess and I just returned from the zoo where they had some beautiful, massive Macaws. Maybe I can bring Roxie the Boxer over and they can play sometime...she'd only take little bites. ;)

brad cook

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
  13. wow cool! its like, a bird!

14. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA

Are you still GASsin' for a better boyfriend? :)

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, Jeff!:) I know where you bought that, same place we got our umbrella Cockatoo. I was in there about 2 weeks ago and saw a baby blue and gold. That was probably her!

16. jakepaul1

jakepaul1

Jun 30, 2004
    USA
    Congrats, dude. I have a Nanday Conure - cute lil' guy with a tremendously loud squawk! :)

Used to have a Congo African Grey - amazing parrot, smarter than alot of humans that I know. :D We had to give her up because of my daughter's asthma.

Have you had a parrot before? They're a really unique animal - I love my dog, but birds are on a different "level" in a lot of ways IMO.

Anyway, enjoy! :cool:

BTW, if anyone here on the board ever wants to get a bird I highly recommend the Senegal - cute, low maintenance and lots of personality.

17. So, you have a "Velcro Bird"! :) I hear they are very fun to have around!