Say Hello to Mia!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jeff Rader, Aug 7, 2004.

1. The newest addition to the Rader household. She is an 8 weeks old Blue and Gold Macaw. She will remain at the breeder until she is weaned (around October or November). My office is 5 minutes away so I visit her often and even get to feed her occasionally (what a trip!). We look forward to bringing her home.

She'll look like this in a few months...
  2. sweet! i've always had a liking for birds! shes a wee cute ball of feathers! aww! :D

parrots are awesome fun when they are trained. you can now be an official TB pirate! woot!!! :D ;)
  3. Wow! I am honored! ;)
  4. but thats only after we see a picture of you with her on your shoulder, and an eye patch!

chopping off your leg from the knee and using a stick as a replacement is optional - extra points for blood stains.

:eyebrow: :D

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Watch your basses! Parrots LOVE wood!

Congratulations & good luck, excellent pet!

6. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    Those birds are beautiful! I did have an opportunity to see a couple of them in the wild in Costa Rica. I know you will enjoy her companionship.

7. Mia is so cute I could pee a little!!!

We used to have a Cockatoo (greater salmon-crested). He was named Hogan, he was our buddy and we miss him. :( Hogan had to go with us having our new baby boy in the house. :)
  8. Don't think I haven't considered that!! There WILL be limits set! :)
  9. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice. Ive always liked parrots.. i want to eventually own a minature parrot. I have parakeets now (biggest bird the parents will allow :<)
  10. [​IMG]

That is the cutest thing I have seen in the last 5 minutes.

Mind you, my boyfriend is at my house. :D
  11. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey she looks beautiful. Jess and I just returned from the zoo where they had some beautiful, massive Macaws. Maybe I can bring Roxie the Boxer over and they can play sometime...she'd only take little bites. ;)

brad cook
  12. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
  13. wow cool! its like, a bird!
  14. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA

Are you still GASsin' for a better boyfriend? :)
  15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, Jeff!:) I know where you bought that, same place we got our umbrella Cockatoo. I was in there about 2 weeks ago and saw a baby blue and gold. That was probably her!
  16. jakepaul1

Jun 30, 2004
    Congrats, dude. I have a Nanday Conure - cute lil' guy with a tremendously loud squawk! :)

Used to have a Congo African Grey - amazing parrot, smarter than alot of humans that I know. :D We had to give her up because of my daughter's asthma.

Have you had a parrot before? They're a really unique animal - I love my dog, but birds are on a different "level" in a lot of ways IMO.

Anyway, enjoy! :cool:

BTW, if anyone here on the board ever wants to get a bird I highly recommend the Senegal - cute, low maintenance and lots of personality.
  17. So, you have a "Velcro Bird"! :) I hear they are very fun to have around!