From the CBE (Crude But Effective) Skunkworks of the Tool Division of Hambone Custom Basses ... The SCARFACE scarf cutting machine. I finished it today and it works just like I intended. This is a fixed angle at 11º because I didn't want to overcomplicate it the first time but adjustability is very easy to add on. I built it because I don't have the means to make a perfect scarf joint with my current tooling so I cut a rough angle with the table saw and do the leveling with this. It will also cut a full scarf but it takes quite a few passes. It's just quicker and more economical to rough it out with something else. The base is (2) 3/4" pieces of Sintra glued together. The walls are 5/8" MDF and the sliding track and neck tray are aluminum. The new base for the planer is 1/4" phenolic. There is one wood clamp showing but I have 3 in case. The little side clamp thing is to keep the vibration from ruining the cut when the wood gets thin. The knob is burl maple with a TruOil finish and an epoxy cap. The other end is an aluminum slug that I cut and polished like I would one of my knob projects. The vacuum works so well that there aren't any chips and next to nothing in the way of dust coming from the cutter. I aided the flow by doing some surgery under the nose where the elevator plate was mounted. The name and logo came to me about 3 hours ago and it's perfect for the piece. It's the first time I've named a tool creation but that's what it is from now on. BTW, the piece in the machine is the last test piece I cut before declaring the thing finished.