Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Say you were going to have to lose a finger...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, May 2, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Any finger... but you will still be able to play bass...

If you had the opportunity, would you want to have the bone of your finger be turned into a nut for your bass?

I think it would be sorta cool.... I'd do it and stick it on my Jazz.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Right hand, pinky... I wouldn't want a decomposing dead finger of mine on a bass though. Leeeeaaaachhhh.

I like how your sig has a quote from Hitler, then me. :oops:

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Get this mess out of my forum.

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Mike what the %$@# goes through that brain of yours? Oh wait..you just told us.

5. to funny. i am missing the pinky finger on my right hand. i lost it when i was 11. and yes, can still play bass. lol.

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Ouch!!! my hand flinched as I read that :(

7. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

:(

How did that happen?

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    What goes through my mind?

Imagine George Carlin, just as a conservative.

That is my brain.

9. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

haha..I believe it.

10. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Let's say you were to lose an a$$ cheek, would you use the fat to give your Single Cut, Bubinga bass an oil finish?

11. ....uuh... right...

JOHN HOWARD ROCKS!:rolleyes:

12. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Oh my God. You've actually done it, Mike, you've reached new lows!! :D I congratulate you!!

As for the question, no I don't think I'd do that. To be honest, I don't really want to lose a finger. I'm kinda using them all.

13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

But at least we did find out that morningdove has been a member of the Yakuza:ninja: - I will be more careful about what I say in future!! :eek:

:D

14. my cousin and i did not listen to my uncle and he had some old cannon balls and we were throwing them in the dirt making dents. stupid i know. anyway, i went to pick up mine and he threw his down, it hit a rock, which made it change direction, then hit my pinky. thank god i was picking mine up at the time or would have gotten my whole hand. they tried to save my finger, however, it died. so hence, the removal. i have a knuckle on it still and so my best friend at 12 named it twiggy.

moral of the story-----listen to your elders, sometimes they know what they are talking about.:D

lol bruce:D

15. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I would LOVE having my nut made out of my finger bone, if I had already lost it. Call me crazy.

16. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    That would be cool, but i dont know about the buttcheek one thogh.:D

17. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I wouldn't want to use my middle finger. Then I wouldn't be able to "communicate" with other drivers:p

18. :eek: :D

19. Last joint of my right pinky is fused and doesn't work due to an argument I had with a fork lift many years ago. Doesn't affect my playing at all however.

Wanna form a band? We can call ourselves "Badfinger".

20. And what god-forsaken purpose does this thread serve?