Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sayin' goodbye...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JayAmel, Mar 2, 2003.

1. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Hi friends,

The small company I had raised with my wife 5 years ago has been victim of a big French swindle. The company who did the credit card transactions for our website has closed after the shareholders took the money and ran. Several hundreds companies were hit by this swindle.

Given that the money that was stolen from our company was that of 2 months of Internet sales, and given that this part of this business was 99 % of our global sales amount, our company is no more able to pay its debts, its suppliers, etc., and we had to declare it in bankrupcy. It is now being liquidated.

This means I have now other priorities. I had a gig yesterday night, but gigging is no more the most essential to me at these times.

I now have to face sadness and disappointment, and also I have to face future to figure out what i'm gonna do professionally.

This means I don't believe I'll have much time to come here and talk with ya. And I probably won't be in a very positive state of mind.

All the best to all of ya,

Friendly,
    Jean.

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Wow that sucks :(

I hope things will get better, keep your chin up!

3. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I'm sorry to hear about that, Jean. I hope you get things sorted.

4. Jay, g'luck man, everything will turn out right, just give it some time :)

Thanks for answering my q's about the Fender a while back! Hope you still get soem time to rock out now and then man.

aslo; music is like my therapist.. ;)

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good luck, I hope the future brightens for you quickly.

6. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    Hopefully some good will come out of this for you, even though it sounds really bad. Good luck and we'll see ya when you get a chance!

7. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope everything works out for you and your wife.

When things get better, always remember you have a home at TB.

8. oh man, i am so sorry to hear about this. keep your faith dude. you can get through this. i can not say i understand how you feel, however, i can say keep you faith and family and strength and you can overcome anything. will be saying a prayer for you and thinking about you. take it easy, and take it one day at a time, even one step at a time. that sucks what they did to you. damn:mad:

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    sorry to hear that, jay. good luck in the future, and come back when you can - we'll be here. :)

10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

11. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Jean, I'm real sorry to hear that my friend, I hope things get better and we see you back here soon.
    Peace

12. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Jean - I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to you! I hope this all works out for you! Take care of yourself, we'll see you here again when things are working out better for you!

All the best!

John:)

13. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Bummer, We'll leave a light on.

14. bummer dude, but when you have time come on, talkbass is where you should be when times are rough, dont avoid us, your friends, we are here for you, but if you dont want to be here for a bit thats fine too. good luck dude, i hope things work out.

15. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Man, sorry to hear about that man. Hey, it could have been worse! you could have posted a pic of your ray or the black on white rick....... man i love black on white ANYTHING, i'm glad I.........wait......whats that in your avatar......

DAMN YOU AND YOUR BASSES!!!!!! ;)
    (Jay likes to give me bass GAS)

Seriously man. Hope everything works out fine. I hope they catch them, tie them naked upside down on a tree, and shoot tennis balls at them.

Later.

16. Life has it's ups and downs, but it always ends up returning to the middle.

Don't lose hope! I hope things turn around for you quickly! In the meantime, take care of yourself and never give up!

We'll keep dinner warm.

Good luck!

:)

17. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Thanks to all of you for your friendly words.

The hardest thing for me at this time is that I'm not used to live without a long-term project. And for the moment I have none, since all those I had have been stopped by this bankrupcy. Since the day I was born, I always needed something to make me go straight ahead.

I keep hope and I won't give up. I just have to figure out what I'm gonna do now.

Thanks again to all of you,

Friendly,
    Jean.

18. odie

odie Supporting Member

Sorry to hear that. Keep the faith. Sometimes great things can happen when they are in transition. Maybe a begining of something great!!

19. I am not as optimistic a person as Odie, but I feel you may have an opportunity for a new beginning now. People in my school do it all the time. Drop out, come back at another school. Go to graduate school, drop out then, work in industry, quit that, try something else....Stuff like that happens all the time.

Don't let it break you. I almost let it break me, and to this day, I don't handle large problems (such as that) well. I jump to horrible conclusions and endanger myself. To tell you the truth, I am lucky to be alive.

But this isn't about me. It's about you getting back on your two feet. Go for it. Everyone in TB is pulling for you.

20. jaylanb - I am so sorry that this bomb of unfairness has hit you and your wife.:( Tough times and career catastrophies are no stranger to me and my family, so I can relate somewhat.

You're in my thoughts, bud.

May good times and better days return soon.:)

b