1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SB-2 pickguard color options

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Fetzu, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Fetzu

Fetzu

Sep 6, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    I have recently picked up a used SB-2 Tribute, Black and rosewood. Wow, I am really impressed with that bass. I have been playing solely P-basses for a while now, but have been gassing to try a SB-2 out. I am stoked that I finally did. I do think that I am gonna do the "tone mod" though.

Anyway, I have spent the weekend going cross-eyed searching through all of the various G&L threads looking at different color options on the basses. I want to put either a black pearl or abalone, maybe a tort, on my SB-2. The samples from Chandler/Pickguard Heaven only give a small shot of the pattern, not really a good view IMO. Hopefully, some of you all have one of these pickguards and could share it with me. Also, does anyone know the pickguard screw size? Thanks for your help guys.

2. Fetzu

Fetzu

Sep 6, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Nobody has anything to say to me. :crying:

3. dubsymmetry

dubsymmetry

Mar 13, 2008
    you have seen the pictures, get what floats your boat.
    the aftermarket tort pickguards will most likely loog a bit different, but it´ll be still tort.

I decided on black, rosewood & tort on my sb-2 - if that´s any help.

screw size - don´t know, but you could measure your original ones.

4. quickervicar

quickervicar Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    Reddish Fender-tort?

5. Fetzu

Fetzu

Sep 6, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    These are the pictures that you get from their website. Not the best for trying to get an idea of how the whole pickguard would look. I was hoping someone had ordered one of these colors from them so I could see a full sized pic of how it may look.
    41_tortoise_shell. 62_black_pearl.
    112_abalone_shell.
    And I did measure the screws. They appear to be a hair bigger than a #4. I have a ton of #4 X 1/2" screws, but they do not fit snug in there. Again, I was hoping that someone had some info on this too.
    I'll probably end up with tort, that would be the safest bet.

6. dubsymmetry

dubsymmetry

Mar 13, 2008
    you could get the second one, silverish looking, and post pics. I am curious how this would look on my bass ; )

7. bhen

bhen

May 27, 2007
    Munich, Germany
    I think I have one of those on my SB-2:

IMG_0721.