1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SB-2 tone on youtube

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Youngspanion, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    I put a clip on you tube of me with my new SB2 playing through a Littlemark 2 head set flat and a Scroeder Mini 12+ cab.

the playing may be a bit amaturish, but I am an amature.

2. idoru

idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nice and growly, as far as you can ever tell on YouTube anyway!

As an aside, the drummer should get a white kit & sneakers, then you can all match ;)

c-

3. 68Goldfish

68Goldfish Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Port Orchard WA
    I think it sounds great! I don't know much about the LM2. Sounds like a great overdrive sound.

4. snappytom

snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    ChicagoLand
    Looks like a stack of white toms in the far corner .... you guys are set.

Seriously, nice tone from the SB-2. I play thru 12's also, try it with a 2x12 setup and a little EQ boost on the low end ..... pure SB-2 thunder.

I want to hire your drummer.

5. Youngspanion

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    I"d like to get another 12. Maybe something with a bit more bottom. Charlie is a great drummer. Knows every Deep Purple song beat for beat. No joke. White kit in the corner for sure. We do match.

6. RBasss

RBasss

Dec 13, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    East Coast Sales Coordinator - Crafter Guitars
    Hey, I am looking at getting a Tribute SB-2 and I use a LMII head into an Ampeg 810E. People on here say that the SB-2 has a very hot output and that it should be used with a padded input. Have you had any problems with this combination? The tone on the youtube video sounded pretty good to me. What are your settings on the LMII?

7. Youngspanion

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    Well, I had the settings pretty flat. I did not know which way to go. I had both filters off set all the way counter clockwise. I think the low was set to about 1 or 2 O'clock. The rest around 12 O'clock.

No padding necessary.

No problems at all. Farted out a bit though. Only until I got the volume and gain under control. Fine otherwise. Tonight I am gonna fiddle more with the EQ.

8. 68Goldfish

Nov 4, 2006
    Port Orchard WA
    I'm just curious if the LMII has a clip light. Some peoples farting is another persons grind/overdrive. As long as were not talking about cliping the preamp section that is....which wouldn't suprise me with the sb-2.

9. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    That bass is really cutting thru. I like it! I was thinking about a Fender jazz as my next bass....but I better look at these SB2's. How would the Tribute version of the SB2 hold up to this? If it is as good as the Tribute L2000's versus the USA's then I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Tribute SB2.

10. Youngspanion

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    The head has a clip light. Blue.

11. RBasss

RBasss

Dec 13, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    East Coast Sales Coordinator - Crafter Guitars
    Where did you have the gain set at? I run my LMII pretty flat too with just the low mids boosted a little. I"ve got an MXR M80 and BEE Sonic Stomp in the effects loop that I use to color the sound if I need it. When you say farted out a bit are were you clipping the input? Did you end up having to dial the volume down on the SB-2? I usually like to run my volumes full on, especially in live situations. Thanks for the help.

12. Youngspanion

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    RBass.

I had the gain at about 10 or 11 O'clock. I turned the volume down to stop the fart and I don't know if I was clipping.

13. 68Goldfish

Nov 4, 2006
    Port Orchard WA
    I think it sounds great and the playing was great too. :)

14. Youngspanion

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY

Thank you