1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD SB5000 Ash/Ebony Rare Trans Black

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TonyP-, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    Trans Black Finish
    Cream Pickups
    Vol/Vol/Tone/Bass-Treble
    Gloss Neck
    Ebony Board
    Ash Body
    Low Wide Frets
    Schaller strap buttons
    Hard Shell Carvin case

$800 shipped (Priced to move and firm)

4v4945.

2. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Surprised to see this one going.

3. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    I have come to the conclusion that I play cleaner on 5 strings that have pickups further back. Like a Stingray location ect...

Its the only reason...This thing please like a dream and has smooth foundation with great growl over it.

I'm kind of bummed over it...Because I don't think I will ever on J5 ever again. Out of all the J style 5 have I tried this one was the cleanest B for 34" scales. No Joke

4. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    That's a bummer, man.

Didn't you just start building a 4 string J?

5. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    [​IMG]

6. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Cheers

7. WillieB

WillieB Battling Bass Guitar Bulimia since 1975 Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    very nice .... weight ?

8. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    The bass or the girl (hiding)?

I just got one of these bump - great bass, killer b string.

Can't miss at this price!

9. WillieB

Apr 26, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    LOL .... are we going to try and "guess" the weight ?

10. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Right under 10lb to my bathroom scale...Exact I don't know.

11. MarkA

MarkA I believe in countermelody. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Do you mean that you play cleaner because of the way the bass sounds/what the pickup's "picking up" or because that location is physically more comfortable for you (i.e. the pickup provides a thumbrest/ramp where you want it)?

12. MarkA

MarkA I believe in countermelody. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Bump for a passive tone control, btw -- I find those more useful than most onboard pres!

13. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    Great seller here folks. What a nice bass too!

14. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    I did and its came out as suspected...fantastic. :cool: It was my dream bass in my teens.

4s J are no issue:bassist:

15. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Its the actual pickup location itself and the way I play on the B-string specifically.

I clack a little on 5 string J basses (Any Nordstrand, Sadowsky, ect...) The Carvin and Lakland with the 35" scale I do a little less on, but still there a little. I have to physically change the way I play on the B string on any 5 J bass. But don't have to on other pickup configurations like a Ray or Sadowsky modern ect...

It is the only reason literately why I would be selling this bass...Other wise I would I have 2 of them. Carvin really knocked out of the park on these basses.

16. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    can't believe this is still here - I have had mine for a few weeks now and can't believe how much bass this is for the money (even at full, brand-new price). I went through a bunch of basses to find a 5 string that worked for me - Lakland, Carvin, Squier, Fender - and the 5000 is the one.

Anyone on the fence, jump in - you will be glad!

(free bump, btw)

17. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Thanks BH...

I don't take the best pics in the world...I'm sure that does not help.
    My cell phone photos don't give the it justice...:cool:

18. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    [​IMG]

19. WillieB

Apr 26, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    awesome uhh bass bump

20. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    Best bumps evah...

Thread Status: