1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SBL: Moving Pictures Analysis

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, May 2, 2021.

1. ruju

ruju

Dec 9, 2017
    Ontario,Canada
    Ian is a great player and great personality. He really puts out positive vibes!.

2. In defense of 'all this incorrectness'... The player in the SBL video—thank you, Doc, for sharing it—DOES justice to the musicality, to the awesomeness that is Rush. And he is inspiring.

Comments such as yours (especially when they come without further clarification), are, quite frankly, not on the same inspirational level. You may be perfectly right, better, whatever..., but whom are you preaching to?

3. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 vaxx! Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    The point I’m trying to make is that if you’re going to assume the roll of teacher, it’s important that the information you put out is 100% accurate. I also happen to disagree 100% that the guy is using tab instead of standard notation. I’m glad he inspires you. He inspires me in a way also- to not play things incorrectly.

4. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Posting a video of the analysis of the bass parts of a classic album on a bass forum?? What was he thinking? ;)

Seriously, I understand what you're saying, but as @Dr. Cheese said, that would be for another YouTuber like Rick Beato to cover.

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  5. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    And in fact, Beato has done a very interesting analysis of Limelight. It's a different thing than this, for sure.

MonetBass likes this.
  6. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    Has anyone else found the HX Stomp settings in the PDF to be rather incomplete? There are a bunch of parameters not shown/specified. And the last two blocks aren't shown at all.

Last edited: May 5, 2021 at 10:20 AM
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021