1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SBMM Ray35 toggle switch issue (?)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Papalampraina, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Papalampraina

Papalampraina Need.More.Fez.

May 13, 2009
    Athens, Greece
    Hey guys. I just got a used Ray35 from GC and the toggle switch seems to have an issue. If I just let the switch sit, the sound is ok, although not so bright (flat eq with round strings). Also the tonal difference between the three positions is not so big.
    When in the neck position, if I pull and hold switch towards the pickup, then the sound is clearer and the tone controls are working as they should. On the other two positions, whatever I do with the switch, things don't get any better.
    Any suggestions? I'm waiting for new strings, so I'll have the chance to open the pickguard and check, but if anyone has faced something similar in the past, I would be grateful for any advice.

2. SBMM

SBMM

Oct 2, 2012
    Orange, CA
    Former V.P., SBMM
    Sounds like you might have a bad switch. Send me a PM.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021