1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SBS Flight Case for Sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by sweet thunder, Aug 6, 2005.

1. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

String Bass Shop ("SBS") flight case for sale. Purchased in 1999. Been through around 20 flights with never a hitch.

Heres a link to the String Bass Shop in San Francisco, CA
    http://www.sbsflightcase.com/

I believe the case was built for a 3/4 bass, but I once flew a large 7/8 in it without incident.

I'm based out of Chicago. The case isn't quite as pretty as it was new, but remains fully functional. I love it like a piece of my gear -- truth be told -- but need the cash. Asking $1,600.

I'll try to get some pictures of my actual case up in the next few days.

2. dfp

dfp Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    USA
    interested in the pictures of actual case, thanks!

P.S. anyone ever cram a NS Cleveland in one of these? with padded bag?

3. Sorry about being slow posting these pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The case is structurally as good as new.

This SBS flight case functions using inflatable air bags much like a giant football helmet. The Gage case uses a suspension system. This difference accounts for the disparity in size and weight between the two cases.

To fly, you load your bass in its soft case, and then adjust the air pouches using a small handpump. The air bags allow the case to custom fit different size basses. The red straps tie across the top of your instrument to limit the tension on the air bags. There is some padding on the back and bottom and neck, but this protection is ancilary to the straps and air support. The first few times I traveled with my instrument I bought extra padding from a hardware store to further wrap the instrument. But, I have flown a majority of the time with the case as designed and never had a problem.

If anyone has questions please feel free to PM or email me.

Thanks.