Scale/Chord Theory Lesson on Talkbass

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by jazzbo, Aug 31, 2001.

1. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Okay, okay, I'm not trying to plug my own stuff, but I got a lot of response about the "Idiot's Guide to Scales" thread that has been going on for awhile to ask Paul about posting on the site.

Paul, being the man!, was happy to oblige, and he did a great job in getting it posted to the site. So, I just thought I would get a plug in, (okay, I admit it), for the more concise, "Idiot's Guide to Scales" lesson, now on TALKBASS!

Thanks Paul.

Comments regarding content and format are most welcome and highly encouraged.
  2. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Wow, JB,

that's very comprehensive! Great job pulling all those loose ends together in a very readable format!

Chris A.:rolleyes:
  3. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Fantastic article.

It's been bookmarked and printed out for reference. Thanks!
  4. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Thanks for the feedback! I know there are a couple of typos in there, which was a bummer, but I hope it's helpful to some. And hey, it's kind of cool to see my name on the homepage of the best website on the internet!
  5. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Ayuh....that's a fine piece of work. A DAMN fine piece of work. Kudos!
  6. anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    Killer job Jazzbo! It's extremely cool of you to put all of that together, looks great. :)
  7. kasuals

Jul 20, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Jazzbo my good man, thank you! :)

That had alot of what I had been looking for. It was very indepth, and I like that.

Thanks again! You made my morning :p
  8. i know i pissed jazzbo off a while ago with one of my opininated comments. but anyway i owe him a thanks, i can never find any good reference articles to tune my musical knowledge. but i don't have to look any further now. thanx man
  9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    RAZZ(berry)SNOW -

Excellent article! Very concise and articulate, covers all the basses. I will refer students to it, if you don't mind! Thanks for the referral on the Circle of Fifths/Fourths, I should approach Paul with a proposal for a companion article, hmm?
  10. This article and Gard's circle of fifths post are the basis for a great book for bass students. You guys know your stuff and explain it better than most. I print these things out and bring them to my lessons. My teacher is impressed. I guess I should get off my #ss and send in the 20 bux to show my support.
  11. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Where were you when I was destined to be a rockstar out of highschool??? :mad:

This is awesome! I am working on this right now and having a good old time. :)
  12. TonyS

Dec 13, 1999
    These kinds of efforts make this a great site.

13. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Great effort, JAZZBOPEEP - it really put my semi-coherent attempt at describing scales in the same thread to shame. Well done.