Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SCAM ALERT!!! EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mark beem, Jun 19, 2003.

1. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I received this email last night supposedly from Best Buy alerting me of a suspicious order placed at their website.. Since I have no account with Best Buy and have not provided any information to them I immediately became suspicous. Here is the email I received:

Upon checking the Best Buy website I found this on the homepage"

Check out the Best Buy website for more info.. http://www.bestbuy.com

2. I don't get it....I figure theyre trying to help you?

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    They pretend to. They say somebody tried to use your credit card with wrong data and they want you to give your correct data - guess what they'll do with that.

It's all a scam to get your credit card data.

It's kinda the same when you click the "no more spam" link in a spam email - you actually achieve the opposite effect, since now they know your email adress is in use.

4. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I get similar emails from "ebay" and "paypal" all the time. They look very legit but they are merely attempts to get people to give away account info. :mad:

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I have gotten three or four emails claiming to be from earthlink customer service. They were trying to collect ss#, dl#, and cc#.

I traced the website to Israel.

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i think i just got one from a fake yahoo wallet. i sent this to yahoo cutomer service (i'm a paid member) and they haven't done crap!!

i just got this email today, so beware!

7. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I've received these also, but when I contacted them about it I never got a reply..