Scam Artist Portland, OR

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by justplayguitar, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Hi, just wanted to re-open an ongoing discussion here on TB about a scam artist named David (Dean) Walker in the Portland area. I am working with authorities in my area and working a case together.
    I sold an amp to him on eBay and when he received it I got a surprising request for return on eBay stating the amp was broken and missing parts (BS). A few weeks later I received an empty box and thanks to my postal worker signing for the package without my consent, PayPal sent David the money back and he kept the amp. I filed all the required stuff with eBay which finally agreed to pay for my loss, still leaving Mr. Walker on the prowl. If you have had a dealing with him please email me at [email protected]

To David Walker when you read this: Your game is childish and will come back to bite you. I am not out for revenge or blood but someone in the future who you scam will be different. I hope you enjoy your new amp and I am excited to see how it fits your Markbass cabs.

I have done my research and have every bit of information needed, address/phone (duh), work info, contact info for home owner (he rents), band info, and more.

Links to other TB forums about this dirt bag.
    SOLD - Washburn status bass beautiful and black

Portland Oregon area Scam Artist Busted! Warwick Dolphin 5 String - FOUND!

@lamarjones @MaddAnthony_59 @RobTheRiot @gtrbasser @funkytoe @InnerBass @MEKer @/\/\3phist0 @TrendSpotter @PortlandBass77 @bassman28 @Azrael16 @MarkA

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    nixdad, S-Bigbottom and /\/\3phist0 like this.
  2. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I looked back at my computer conversation with Madd Anthony, I never got a police report number but hit me up if you need details.

justplayguitar likes this.
  3. MarkA

MarkA In the doghouse. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I was wondering why I was tagged in the OP -- couldn't recall having dealt with the scammer in question -- but read through the two linked threads and saw that, in the Washburn/Status thread, there was a post of mine mentioning that I'd talked with the guy and was considering buying an amp from him at the time (don't remember which one). That thread might have dissuaded me from that, and I appreciate the OP reaching out in this one. I looked through my old messages, though, from around the time (May '15) and didn't see anything from "bassace77" (the handle the guy was using at the time). I'm sorry that I don't have any information to add, but I'll bump this and wish you luck.

4. popcat

popcat

Jan 7, 2016
    nixdad likes this.
  5. nixdad likes this.
  6. MarkA

Sep 26, 2008
    nixdad likes this.
  7. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Frightening. It’s so sad that there are people out there like this with ZERO integrity, and they’re empowered by massive organizations which make it easy for such scammers to continue their evil ways.

Be careful out there, TBers.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  8. Just got a private message. It would appear our favorite EBay crook has struck again. Exact same empty box MO.
    Be careful out there on eBay.

9. MarkA

Sep 26, 2008
    If there are multiple, documented incidents of this, can the guy be brought up on charges of postal fraud (or something similar, if the post office isn't involved)?

At minimum, banned from eBay and Reverb (though I'm sure he'd sign up with a different email/IP address -- still...)?

10. dramatwist

dramatwist

Sep 27, 2019
    I know this is zero help, but... "buyer beware."

11. taton

taton

Dec 29, 2013
    I just got my fill of David Walker of Portland. I sold a my Digitech BP8 Vacuum Tube Bass Preamp / Effects Processor thru Ebay to Walker. He claimed overheating. I then agreed to the return. I got an empty box. To all: Be aware of the empty box scam. I have to give Ebay credit for making the transaction whole. I don't know if Walker got a refund and a free BP8 and don't care. His ebay tag is motorboatin777. I am also filing a report with USPS and PP.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 7, 2021