1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Scam: Most likely not a good buy.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JonathanD, Mar 11, 2008.

1. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
  2. SoLongJake

SoLongJake Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Des Moines, Iowa
    From my experiences with ebay, setting the starting bid super low like that will absolutely ignite a bidding war. He does run the risk of having to sell his amp for a very low price, but the gamble is part of the fun.

3. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    -1 with feedback and his "Dont ask stupid questions, like why am I selling it? Steer clear of this joker.

4. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    His zero feedback, payment instructions and especially no local pickup is a very bad combination.
    I'm with you Jonathan, this ones got big red flags waving all over it.

5. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I sent him a message asking for address and phone number. I am also going to report it to ebay, but they will probably not do anything.
    Jonathan

6. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    If this "seller" is NOT a complete and total fraud, then I'm f****** Peter Pan. :rolleyes:

7. The -1 is all I need to see. I won't even think about bidding on someone's auction with that feedback rating. Get a real job dude.

8. Gasman

Gasman Gold Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2007
    South Carolina
    Red flags all over. I never buy from anyone on ebay who doesn't welcome (and respond to )questions, regardless of how "stupid" he/she thinks they are. Let it go.

9. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Why would a guy from Del Rio, TX list the dimensions and weight in metric only?

10. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Scam without a doubt. Either there is no gear or it's stolen goods he's trying to fence.

11. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Just how it comes from the web site.
    Not trying to say its legit, just saying.

12. Disregarding the -1 feedback, no local pickup, no questions, etc., unless this guy tried selling this before, these photos also look very familiar.

EDIT: I know this might be against eBay policies and all, but I do not think we should let a fellow bassplayer get ripped off. So, if I remember to do so, I'll just make an over 9000 offer in the last minute.

13. This has got to be a scam.

14. falstro

falstro Good Bassists Don't Forget Anything

Add to this a -1 rating!

I can't believe people are actually bidding on this. :rollno:

15. The people bidding on it are most likely part of the scam :eyebrow:

16. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    No way man. Never stated that it works, -1 feedback, no local pickup. Just forget about it now. It'll just drive you nuts if you think about it too much.

17. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Yeah, that's great stuff. He says not to ask him stupid questions, like if it works, but then he never actually mentions that it works.

I also like the picture of the amp on it's side. Yeah, I'll bet this amp is in tip-top shape, and was very well taken care of.

18. I've never seen anyone with a negative feedback rating before.
    :eek::rollno:

19. MOTTOB

MOTTOB

Jun 30, 2007
    Syracuse
    Endorsing Artist: Air Bass Customs
    The listing has been removed. What amp was he trying to sell?

20. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    An Orange AD200B