1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Scam?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kuys, May 19, 2011.

1. kuys

kuys

Jun 29, 2010
    I'm selling some gear to fund a Schecter Stargazer on craigslist and I got this reply yesterday. It almost sounds unhuman in it's tone.

Scam? Sounds like it to me. But the thing I don't get is how exactly am I getting scammed. If he/she sends the money and then comes picks it up.......? Also huge redflag, she/he is deaf.

2. Scam, seen the same exact thing multiple times when I had stuff on C-list.

3. The scam is the "certified check" is worthless, and it takes your bank a few days to figure that out.

4. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    RUN AWAY!

5. Yeah, hwat they say. NEVER EVER EVER EVER sell anything to someone who isn't picking it up themselves in person and paying cash. If someone offers you otherwise, decline and wait till you get an offer you like.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    As Jim said, the check you receive is bogus. You deposit it, send off the bass, a few days later your bank lets you know the check is no good. So now you are out your bass, and if you spent any of the money from the bogus check, you owe the bank that money back.

-Mike

7. Yeah; decline, report, move on.

8. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Sounds inhuman and highly impersonal!

Anyone mentioning their bank-other than a comment like, "I'll be picking up CASH at the bank on the way to meet you..." Fugetaboutem.