Scared to death. (Can you give a rash???)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PollyBass, May 23, 2003.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Ok,,,, I'm a little scared.

About a year ago, I got this rash all up and down my arms, on my neck, and legs.

It itched like CRAZY, i mean, INSANE crazy. You either itched it, or you slammed your head into a wall.

It looked like raised patches of skin, and if it was on my arms and legs, it looked like a bunch of zits that popped up all red and itchy. like a seriously bad case of red itchy goosebumps.

After I let it get some air, and dumping huge amounts of anti itch cream, and saying to myself "It will go away, it will go away, it will go away." It went away....

Now the scary part.

My girlfriend called me up today, and said she had a HORRIBLE rash on her legs and a little on her arms. She described, in every detail, the same rash I had. The bumps, the itch, everything.

Am I a walking Plauge? Some doctor just glanced at it and said "Uh, maybe it's psorisis" and gave me some cream.

Didn't help much at all.

Now she has it on her chest, and it's rasied skin thats red. like a patch of it.

I should let those who are interested know I have no STD's or any other illness or sickness that I know of.

Me and the girl have uh,,,,"swapped spits" from time to time,,,,, and i'm scared I gave her this. And I don't even know what it is.

All I know is that it was HORRIBLE, and deathly hard to get rid of. No creams helped that much at all, in fact, I used so much cortizone, my fingers felt numb. Thats all that helped.

She said she might have had it before she met me,,,but what are the chances? I get the feeling that it might be coming back sometimes, but I do anything to aviod itching a possible spot. My has psorsis all over his scalp and in some,,,,areas that I would rather not mention. But he had it when he got married, and long before he had me,,,and my mother has no signs of it. I don't think I even have Psorisis (SP?).

The itching felt so good, my mouth would go dry, and sometimes drool would roll out of my mouth, by no will of mine. It oozes if itched for a long time, and sometimes it even BLEEDS. I did use some "Psoritch" caol tar gel, it just stung so much I had to get it off.

Damn. I don't know WHY I just posted all this. I'm just a little scared. Horrified more like it.

All the doctors I have mentioned it to say "It's probably nothing."

Sorry if this makes you uneasy.

But hey, i'm an open guy (Obviously, huh?) I just don't know what else to do than ask a bunch of bassists for help:rolleyes:

Oh well.

Last resort I guess.
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    your gonna die.

Ha ha.

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Those are the sympthoms of the "flesh-eating bacteria"
  4. Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Hey I got exactly the same thing freshman year in high school. I went to the doctor and they said it was hives. They gave me some anabolic steroids, which "deflated" them--they still itched a little but they "died". I've never had it again. By any chance, when you had the chicken pox, did the pox bumps fade away instead of popping? My doctor theorized that's why I broke out in could just be an allergic reaction though. Certainly nothing you can share, anyway:) It's probably just coincidence.
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Sounds like an alergic reaction.

The other thing that sprung to mind hives. Bother gets them if he eats to much kiwi fruit.
  6. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Poison ivy or some kind of plant related rash can look like that, and itch and spread like a b**ch too. Try washing with dish detergent and see if that helps; it will wash off the oil that causes the rash if it is poison ivy or oak or sumac. Soap won't do it, it takes a strong grease-cutter like Dawn.
  7. It's the mark of the beast. You and your girlfriend have been indulging your carnal passions for too long.

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Funny thing you said that,,,, sometimes she would break out in the rash on her chest after uh,,, "Sucking face" as the drummer for our band said.

Keep the suggestions coming, It's just so dang wierd.

The doctor gave me what he gave Melf, it helped some, but it came back. Did nothing to help the itching.
  9. 72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Could be <a href=>impetigo</a>. I had it as a teenager for a couple of weeks, and from what I remember, it was highly contagious, even after the symptoms went away for a while. See a dermatologist, eh.

10. It sounds like poison oak or ivy to me... but I doubt it in your case, because you would have to actually go outside and be away from you computer to get it:eek: so I would guess that it's something you caught off of TB or some other site you visit often. :meh: seriously though try some benadryl that might help if it's a allergic reaction of some kind..have you seen a dermatologist?. good luck!
  11. Wow, I thought only babies got that. :D
  12. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I don't know. I had that when I was 7, and I don't remember it being anything like this.

That was AMAZINGLY horrible. I was in a white shirt and underwear for a month and a half.

My parents felt so bad for me they got me a new bike. wOOt.
  13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I remember I had a crazy sunburn in Costa rica, it was like mad crazy, take the worst sunburn you've ever had and multiply it by 4 and you might be close. like my shoulders just melted away, and I was covered in boils and the skin was so fragile it would tear even when I put my shirt on. It was absolutely horrible.

One day while having it(it lasted for about 4 days before it started to even get close to healing....then it took weeks to fully heal, but I still have scars) I was lying in my bed, and I had to lie on my stomach with my hands under my pillow to keep them from scratching my back. It started itching worse than anything I've ever dealt with, it was so horrible, my back felt like it was coming off, and the worst part was, when I scratched, it offered NO relief! I remember taking a shower, in hopes htat the cold water would sooth my back(cold water didn't do it, neither did hot water)
    and it was itching so bad, I could stand it, I wanted to cry it was the worst thing ever.

A friend of mine was feeling really sorry that I was in such pain, and to express this one day, she rested her head on my shoulder :eek: it had slipped her mind that I had it on my shoulders as well, yikes! talk about "well my heart was in the right place"

ack....oh...I don't know anything about your condition polly, except, my friend recently started breaking out in hives, methinks its allergy related, but he claims to have never had any allergies, I don't know, my Eyes have been itching like mad, and I don't want to rub them, cause that can harm your vision.

I've heard that moisturizer is great for curing rashes and irritated skin, I know it is the best sunburn cure(believe me I know) and I believe it also can help rashes.
  14. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Hey man I have that kind of problem too. For the past 6 or 7 months, I've noticed alot of rashes developing on my arms and my body. They're not itchy at all...they look like acne. I don't know what caused mom told me its because of my tendency to wear alot of layers of clothing even when its hot.

Anybody have any suggestions? This is starting to piss me off alot.
  15. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Let me re-quote you:

How about trying that first, wear less clothes... ?
  16. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Nah man that couldn't be it cuz I've been doing that for a very long time..The rashes/acne started appearing just recently..It gradually worsened in a space of 6 months
  17. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Then by all means go and see a dermatologist.(sp?)

Your rashes, if caused by excessive layers of clothing, they could be coming now as a result of having that much dressed for such a long time. The body has just had enough and starts now breaking out in rashes.

But go to a dt! :)
  18. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Yeah Ill do that. Thanks for the advice. I might apply some cream or lotion of some sort first and see if that'll work.