1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Scarlett Studio.. anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Mar 12, 2013.

1. http://global.focusrite.com/usb-audio-interfaces/scarlett-studio
    the combo looks pretty affordable really! i wanted to get the 2i2 interface alone but this is very tempting. Although i dont really foresee ever needing a mic right now but if this is half as nice as it promises to be i wont mind having another pair for reference headphones and a condenser mic!

so i am sure about the interface, i've used it and the preamps on it are great for the money. no experience or user reviews on the cm25 mic and the hp60 headphones though..

2. KrisHayes

KrisHayes

Sep 30, 2012
    The headphones and mic are junk. Always steer clear of those package deals. The interface is just fine for the price, though!

3. when you say the headphones and mic are junk do you mean they are absolutely useless or they are alright for some to occasionally start recording with but one would never use them in a real studio?

4. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    I have the Scarlet 18i6 for my home recording system and it does work great. Can't comment on the headphones or mic, but I'm willing to bet they would be fine for a starter recording set-up as Focusrite is a very reputable company in the recording gear biz.

good luck

5. KrisHayes

KrisHayes

Sep 30, 2012
    The mic will record, and the headphones will put out audio. They function. That's about all I can say about them!