Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

schack bass Carbon B2 499 what is it's price ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman82, Apr 3, 2003.

1. bassman82

bassman82

Apr 3, 2003
    france
    someone asked me if i would like to buy his bass, a schack carbon b2 499, he sells it to me for 800 euro (800 dollars) and i would like to know what is it's original price,it seems that the model is quite old so i didn't find any information about this bass on the "schack" website, thanx guys.:confused:

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    The 4-string B2 did cost around 1700$ new AFAIK.

800 is ok I guess, it depends on the condition.

Great basses. Don't let the pompous tone on the "schack" website fool you, Andy Schack is a great guy, the website is actually the site of the U.S. distributor.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I did a google search and I saw them offered for 1000+ Euro, so 800 seems to be a good deal

[​IMG]

4. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    Yep, the B2 is a cool bass. I did some recording sessions with one a couple of years ago...

800€ seems to be a good price but have a look at the neck relief. There is no truss rod in this carbon neck and I came across two or three B2 with completly bowed necks....!!

Peace, JP

5. bassman82

bassman82

Apr 3, 2003
    france
    merci JP, je me doutais que c'etait un bon prix vu le son qu'elle a.

T'a l'air d'avoir un magazin bien fourni (personne avait jamais vu de scharck dans le sud ouest).Quesque tu me conseille comme ampli dans les 300W à pas trop trop cher?

merci d'avance ciao.

6. bassman82

bassman82

Apr 3, 2003
    france
    thanks a lot for spending a little time to my situation.

Where did you find the photo? It's great :)

7. I want one of those. It's one of the nicest looking (headless) basses out there, IMO.