Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

schack fretless 5'er at bass nw

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neptoon, Aug 29, 2002.

1. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i'm going to test drive this thing this weekend. i'm sure it will still be there. shoot it's been there for nearly a year! i've been looking into going the no speed bump route for a while now, but it's always intimidated the heck outta me. oh well...here we go ;) also i'm looking into mtd kingstons as a low end of the scale...as far as price goes anyway. i've heard pretty good stuff hee hee i really have no idea what to expect, but it should be fun trying anyway.

[​IMG]

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    I love the look of that bass! I always check to see if it's still there, not that I could buy it. Let us know how you like it.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    36" scale could be very interesting on an unlined fretless if you are not used to it. Maybe not, though.

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hee hee....i've never played a fretless before anyway, so it'll be a monster of a boat paddle at any rate. i'll let you guys know what i think

5. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I've looked at that one online many a time. A beautiful piece of work, for sure. Tell us if it sounds as great as it looks Neptoon!!

6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The bass is beautiful.

FWIW I had no trouble adjusting to my first 35" scale bass as a 5 string fretless. I don't know about 36" though.

7. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Must be tough finding strings for that one.

8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    man.. everyone keeps posting G.A.S inducing basses... I'm starting to get cramps... ;)

9. Neptoon...

Hope you've got long arms !!...with a 36' scale you'll need 'em baby!!:cool:

10. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    dude, i'm a 3 foot tall munchkin, but remember when you add inches to scale length, say two of 'em, you're adding one inch to the nut side and one inch to the bridge side. at any rate, though, i'm currently on my fourth warwick thumb bass, and if you've played those, you're used to reaching way out due to the way the short upper horn. i don't think it will be too bad...i hope not, anyway.

11. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i dunno, though....maybe the 36" scale length is why this bass has been there for nearly a year...hee hee

12. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    I've been drooling over that very bass for the last 6 months. Let me know how she handles.

13. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    So neptoon, you never posted your thoughts on that one. . . ? or did I miss it? :)

Funny: it's gone from BNW, but it's at Bass Central now! For $3k again! :confused: