SOLD Schaller 4 String Roller Bridge Black

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by bmihalov, Feb 25, 2017.

1. bmihalov

bmihalov Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2008
    PA
    Price:
    $30.00
    Older Schaller roller bridge in black. Still in pretty good shape...all adjustment rollers and screws work smoothly. Comes with mounting screws and shim.

$30.00 shipped within US in a padded mailer.

Thanks for reading!

Brian

Attached Files:

2. Juststanley

Juststanley

Aug 11, 2014
    Tejas
    Pm'd

3. I have one of these on my SqJagShortie. I paid $60 new on sale. $30 is a good price.
    I found out by experimentation, with my Jag, and I assume most any Fender, the best way to mount these and have full intonation range.

The three main mounting holes need to be about 1/8" farther back from the stock Fender 5 hole position. Otherwise you come close to running out if room to intonate properly. The three holes do not align with the Fender pattern, but the two smaller holes do. And using those, the bridge is in the right place for full intonation range.

Since I wanted to have a bit more holding power, I installed the bridge using the two smaller holes into the Fender pattern. Then I marked where the three hole were on the bass and drilled for that. Doing that gave me 3 screws holding the bridge in the right position for intonation. I took out the two smaller screws in the Fender holes, but you could leave those in if you want.

It's nice to be able to adjust string spacing, which you can do with this bridge. You can also have the bridge set up higher by using the rectangular shim. There is plenty of string height adjustment in this, I was able to set height with or without the shim on my Jag. I left the shim in as that gave me more range in setting string height. This bridge is also radiused. It is not flat like the stock Squier bent metal bridge. The only thing I would change is to have Phillips heads on the intonation screws, rather than the flat blade type heads.

Again, everything I said here applies to the Squier VM Jag SS, YMMV, but there is a lot if range for adjustments and it should work well on most basses. Don't let this one get away.

4. bmihalov

bmihalov Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2008
    PA
    Thank you for the detailed information Old Garage-Bander. I never mounted the bridge, but purchase it used. Thanks also for the kind pricing words....just trying to give someone a good deal that can use it.

I believe the bridge is sold though, pending payment. I appreciate all the inquiries.

Brian

5. No prob...
    Was going to post this info at some point but when I saw your for sale, I said why not.
    Good luck on the pending.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 25, 2022