1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schaller bridge and tuning machines on a Bc Rich Warlock.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Manowarge, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Manowarge

Manowarge

Oct 22, 2010
  2. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    You'll need the left handed version for replacement bridge. Why do you want to replace the stock bridge and tuners? Theyre very good qaulity imo. I changed the chrome bridge on my warlock for asthetic reason. Used black gotoh 201 for it.

Does look like your changing for asthetics as well. So, get that bridge in left hand version. You'll need to plug the stock bridge holes and make new starter ones for the new bridge. Had to do same thing on mine. But no problem. Just take care lining up outer ones for starter holes. So once those are in place you can do the inner starter holes accurately. By starting to drill the other 3 with bridge in place. Takes a little bit of time. Just be careful of aligning bridge right.

The tuners as long as you get same shaft size will fit. But you'll need to do new starter holes for new little screws that go on the back to help hold tuners iassembly in place without turning.

Nice warlock bass btw. The platinum series where good qaulity. A stacked 2band preamp to repalce the passive tone control would make it even better imo. That would pretty much make it NJ grade of that timeframe.

3. Manowarge

Manowarge

Oct 22, 2010
    So there are different left and right bridges? I thought that one fitted both lefties and right handed basses... Anyway, I'm changing everything on the bass to get it as far from original as possible as an experiment. I'm gonna paint the whole bass red aswell, so it's gonna be totally red/black so I want to get rid of the chrome parts.

I've got these: http://www.thomann.de/se/emg_p_basspickup.htm pickups on it, and the sound is totally awesome. All electronics are changed and replaced with EMG.

4. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Yeah, the string saddle grooves would be reverse from std for lefty. Though if you got a right handed one, you could just move the bridge saddle parts to go with correct string for lefty. Thatd be only diff between lefy and right handed bridges cept on tremelo ones come to think of it. I should have thought about that fix earlier. Should be very kewl looking in red with black hardware.

5. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    The saddle grooves on a roller bridge are acually disks on a threaded shaft so you can adjust each saddle's "groove" left or right -- so you shouldn't have any issues there.

I have a couple of roller bridges, and think they're great.

Also, their customer service is interesting. I had a roller bridge from an 80s bass that had a lot of damage. I wrote the company and asked if I could buy replacement screws. A few weeks later -- maybe even a month or so -- I got an envelop with a full set of screws, and no invoice. Not easy to reach, but they were very helpful!

As to "easily" -- as darkstorm said, it's not a direct replacement, so you'd have to fill the old mount holes, line up the new bridge and drill new holes. You also need to confirm that the new bridge placement will allow you intonate correctly. So notice on the existing bridge, the mount holes are at the four corners of the bridge. On the schaller, the mount holes are right behind the saddles. You need to make sure that the adjustment range of the saddles on the schaller are placed such that they can cover the same range as the current bridge. OR you can be more precise and measure out the proper location (lots of info on the boards here to help you with that). But in the end, I wouldn't call this an easy upgrade.

Good luck!
    ltt

6. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    I hope you're kidding... they're not even close. Completely different materials, hardware and electronics, made by a different subcontractor in a different country. No comparison.

7. Manowarge

Manowarge

Oct 22, 2010
    On www.schaller-electronics.com at FAQ there is this question if the bridges are suitable for lefties aswell and the answer is: "All Schaller bridges are suitable for left-handed guitars, with the exception of the "Hannes" and "STM". This is due to the diagonal arrangement of parts/saddles, which unfortunately cannot be altered."

So are you guys sure there is a left handed version aswell?

http://gitarrenwissen.de/auctores/s...1274fc7afaXY78f4=l=96646193/ArtikelDetail.htm

That's the bridge...

8. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    As I said above, not the roller bridge. Here's the Hannes:
    http://guitar-bridge.com/hp188177/Hannes-Bridge.htm
    And the STM:
    http://schaller-electronic.com/hp135010/Guitar-Bridge-STM.htm?ITServ=Cd729fbeX1278c0d89b9X622b

9. Manowarge

Manowarge

Oct 22, 2010
    Okey, thank you!